Losing postpartum weight

Options
Is there any ideal way to lose a healthy amount weight after giving birth? Realistically, I don’t expect to drop all my baby weight fast.. however I would like to make sure I stay on track to return back to my pre pregnancy weight. I’ve heard so many stories of how many folks have actually gained weight after their second baby.
Any insight would be helpful.
Thanks!! 😁

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    If your baby was born less than 6 weeks ago, you should really talk with your doctor about this. Otherwise, just count calories and aim to lose no more than 1% of your body weight per week. If you are breastfeeding, it is common for women to set their calories to maintenance and let breastfeeding create the deficit. You don't want too big of a deficit since that can cause your supply to drop. It is common for women to find that certain regions of the body like stomach are just a little wider and less tight than before regardless of body weight because all of those muscles and skin have been stretched multiple times.
  • shinebrightxoxo
    shinebrightxoxo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the insight! I’m only 4 weeks out, I will deft consult my doctor.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the insight! I’m only 4 weeks out, I will deft consult my doctor.

Your welcome! Also be careful with exercise until talking with your doctor. Most doctors don't recommend exercise other than walking until 6 weeks post-partum because your body is still healing even if you feel good, and starting exercise too soon can cause potentially serious damage.