heaviest i’ve been in 24 years

Options
ugh! finall got myself on the scale today and i’m the heaviest i’ve been in 24 years. i just started a cardio routine a week ago and have been doing weights for my upper body since january. having serious anxiety issues that are not helping but i need some serious motivation other than the scale screaming at me.

Replies

• CatherineM62
    CatherineM62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My scale screams at me in Spanish. I can’t figure out how to change it. Motivation is harder. I have a list that’s probably unlike anyone else’s.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    So there is a thread out there somewhere that states you don't need motivation, you need discipline. For me, this is completely true. Maybe is will help you too? I find that motivation is fleeting, but when we practice discipline that muscle becomes stronger and easier.

With all of that being said, the biggest suggestions I can offer are this:

1. Put your stats in MPF and follow them
    2. Buy a food scale and use it
    3. Understand that weight loss isn't linear. You'll go up, you'll go down and some times nothing will change. As long as the trend is moving in a downward direction, you're doing it right.
    4. Don't give up because of one bad meal or one bad day.

Good luck!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    So there is a thread out there somewhere that states you don't need motivation, you need discipline. For me, this is completely true. Maybe is will help you too? I find that motivation is fleeting, but when we practice discipline that muscle becomes stronger and easier.

With all of that being said, the biggest suggestions I can offer are this:

1. Put your stats in MPF and follow them
    2. Buy a food scale and use it
    3. Understand that weight loss isn't linear. You'll go up, you'll go down and some times nothing will change. As long as the trend is moving in a downward direction, you're doing it right.
    4. Don't give up because of one bad meal or one bad day.

Good luck!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818701/the-myth-of-motivation-and-what-you-need-instead/p1