Recipe idea with CANNED PUMPKIN

Options
sendtochristina
sendtochristina Posts: 1 Member
Hello this is my 1st time in the community . I never knew this existed. SMH I've only used this for food log.
But anyway any ideas what to make with CANNED PUMPKIN??
🎃

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Great mixed with eggs and a bit of flour and sugar for pancakes too.
  • reversemigration
    reversemigration Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I frequently mix it into my morning oatmeal along with some pumpkin pie spice and some crushed pecans - I get along without sweeteners, but I'm sure many would find it tastier with a dash of something sweet mixed in as well.
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    As a teenager, I used to make an insanely low cal ‘dessert’ thingie.
    1c Egg beaters, 1/2c pumpkin, scant TBSP psyllium husk powder, sweetener, pie spices, vanilla, salt.

Mix and microwave in round casserole type thing for a few mins, checking in intervals until firm-ish.

It will inflate and then deflate into a pancake-y thing.

I used to top it with ICBINB spray and sugar-free syrup, because I was obsessed with those then.

(Food priorities have changed a bit. I used to be ‘low cal or bust’ mentality.)
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, soup, mix it in oatmeal, you could probably make some sort of soft granola bar with pumpkin, I've heard of people adding it to mac and cheese (something I've never tried as I don't like mac and cheese).
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    I make muffins with pumpkin puree, egg whites and protein powder (right now eggnog flavor, cinnamon is really good, as is peanut butter marshmallow). Very tasty little treats and only 35 calories :)

do you have a the actual amounts/recipe for us?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I make iced coffee with it. 200 mL strong coffee, 125g canned pumpkin, ~7g pumpkin spice, 25g milk powder, 10 large ice cubes. Blend it all up with sweetener of choice. :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,914 Member
    Options
    By canned pumpkin, do you mean pumpkin soup? Or the pumpkin pie mix?
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I know you can make some great cupcakes/cake using just a box of Devil's Food Cake and 1 can of Pumpkin Puree. Just mix together and bake according to directions on the box.
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    I make muffins with pumpkin puree, egg whites and protein powder (right now eggnog flavor, cinnamon is really good, as is peanut butter marshmallow). Very tasty little treats and only 35 calories :)

do you have a the actual amounts/recipe for us?

Ingredients:
    5 egg whites (165 grams from carton)
    42 grams protein powder (I use Trutein and Quest)
    1 can of pumpkin puree (Market Pantry brand from Target is my favorite for these)
    pinch of salt
    6 grams baking soda

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 330
    Mix egg whites, protein powder, and salt together. Add pumpkin. Then mix in the baking soda at the end.
    Divide into 12 muffin cups and bake for 27 or so minutes - they will brown slightly. Let cool on a baking rack.

Nutrition:
    calories 35
    Total Fat 0 g
    Total Carbohydrate 6 g
    Dietary Fiber 3 g
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 5 g

Notes:
    1. When I make the one with cinnamon protein powder I also add 2 tsp of cinnamon to the mix.
    2. I've made them with 32 grams granulated erythritol added to the mix when I want something sweeter but I enjoy them just as much without so lately I haven't been using it at all.
    3. I make them on a weekly basis and store them in the fridge in an airtight container. They can be frozen as well but I go through them fast enough there isn't risk of them spoiling before getting eaten ;)

Thank you SO much. What size of can is that you used for the pumpkin? I don't know about Market Pantry brand.
    Will be trying them out soon!qalve0fdbd7s.png

• colorfulcoquette
    colorfulcoquette Posts: 94 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thank you SO much. What size of can is that you used for the pumpkin? I don't know about Market Pantry brand.
    Will be trying them out soon!

You're welcome! This is the canned pumpkin, it's 15 oz and I found it to have a thicker consistency than others I've tried and I prefer the flavor of it as well.

I hope you enjoy them :)

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options

You're welcome! This is the canned pumpkin, it's 15 oz and I found it to have a thicker consistency than others I've tried and I prefer the flavor of it as well.

Yep this is happening! Thanks!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    By canned pumpkin, do you mean pumpkin soup? Or the pumpkin pie mix?

I would think she means canned, mashed pumpkin. About the only thing added would be salt. I've never seen canned pumpkin soup in the U.S.

OP - I love pumpkin in oatmeal too. I make a big batch in the crockpot with milk, pumpkin, and spices.
  • PAPYRUS3
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »

Yep this is happening! Thanks!

Thanks again:)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I mix it with plain Greek yogurt and vanilla whey protein powder for breakfast or blend in a smoothie with milk, protein powder and pumpkin pie spice. I also fold it into pancake batter.

This is probably a little off topic and not at all what you are looking for, but I put canned pumpkin into a Kong and freeze it for my dog. It keeps her occupied for a while we eat dinner. It's supposed to be really good for their coat.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Other things I didn't see mentioned are pumpkin waffles, pumpkin cookies, or pumpkin soup. I like to add canned pumpkin to my chai latte.