• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,658 Member
    Options
    Web
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    You could create the same exercise on Fitbit. You could have used as a template (calories, distance) your past Fitbit exercise. Your manual entry would have adjusted the detected entry.

You achieved same by entering it on mfp (if you look on Fitbit you will find your MFP exercise sitting there)

Your Flex absolutely detects shuffling all day from hard walk via accelerometer and step cadence (and time between steps and jarring on landing)

Arguably the lack of HR data may make it more accurate and less prone to overinflate.

I’ve somehow missed how to manually adjust or enter a workout on Fitbit. Is this through the app or the website? I’ll check it out again and try to figure out how to do it. Could come in handy if ever I forget to wear my Fitbit for a workout.

You can manually add through both what's called a Workout Record. You'd select a database entry to use if manual.
    That is you adding the details for a chunk of time that you select. Or one coming in from external source like MFP.

Compared to an Activity Record that is either auto-created when it thinks you started a workout, or manual button push, or created after the fact so you can see the stats for a chunk of time the Fitbit already came up with.
    That is a snapshot view of what would otherwise be buried in the daily stats. (it's what a sleep record is really)
    Once it exists, if you create a Workout Record, it remains unchanged so you can view what Fitbit had originally, but the daily stats now reflects your update.

Now I'm thinking you are talking about the Fitbit Adjustment on MFP - which is not actually Fitbit doing that, but MFP. And as PAV8888 stated - is NOT a workout - but total day difference.

Could have no workout and be very active and have big adjustment.
    Could have big workout and be very tired and inactive and have no adjustment.

Since those aren't always workouts and may not be at all - those adjustments are fine to eat back.
    Unless you know the Fitbit hosed up the workout or the day - as with a time zone change.
    But manual entry of workout on MFP - not great idea - just make a wall post if friends list needs to see it.