Does anyone else have this problem

Options
Ok I struggle with this. Every day my weight is up 3 pounds because of sodium. If I take a water pill the 3 pounds comes off. I know I can’t take these all the time. I just don’t see my actual weight loss unless I do. I need to see it because it keeps me very motivated and strong. How much water do I have to drink to pull the water off naturally?I can’t help it we have hi sodium mean. My mother in law cooks for us and just everyday simple meals carry a lot of sodium. What do I do? I usually drink two Starbucks Trenti cups of water one large coffee and green tea at home.

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Options
    If you're weighing daily, you are going to see the scale fluctuate up and down. It can be a bummer, but don't let it get to you! Today, I was up 2.2 pounds from yesterday, but am down 2.1 pounds for the week(TOM 'woosh'). If I get discouraged, I just look to see where I was the week before, and that's where I can see that everything is working.

I use the libra app, and it gives me a better look at my progress!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Your weight it your weight--that includes, your organs, your bones, the meal you just ate and....water.

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    Don't take water pills! Those usually have very serious side effects. They aren't good for your kidneys, and depending on the type they make you pee out lots of useful electrolytes. What if you pee out calcium? Your body regulates the loss by mobilizing calcium from your bones into the blood. Then you pee it out again, etc. Basically, you're creating your own home-made osteoporosis. Magnesium is the same. You need potassium for your heart to function properly, etc. If things go wrong in a different way the sudden drop in water might also reduce fluid, and thus pressure in your eyes. You know that your eyes need to be filled with fluid to function properly, right? This bit of water weight fluctuation is not worth risking your eye sight, nor any other part of your body. Water pills should only be taken under strict GP supervision, and not as a way to play the scale!