Looking for ‘vanity pounds’ friends

Options
Thelazyegg
Thelazyegg Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2019 in Introduce Yourself
I’m female, 5’6, 129lbs . Uk size 10. Gained a few pounds due to health issues and being on prednisone.

I’m not large by any stretch but I’m bigger than I want to be.

Looking for friends who are also trying to lose a couple of pounds slowly and healthily!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am forever on the last couple of pounds, or so it seems!

its so interesting the difference that body composition makes. i am 5ft5 and 133lbs and an 8/10.
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've got about 10 pounds until my pre-pregnancy weight, but I am at a healthy size overall. I would like to lose that last 10 before the summer!
  • Thelazyegg
    Options

its so interesting the difference that body composition makes. i am 5ft5 and 133lbs and an 8/10.

Yeah, I’m actually 129lbs, don’t know how I managed to mistype that! (Edited it now).

Body composition is a weird one though. I’m a size 8 up top, but I have a massive bum.
  • mrsdunc07
    mrsdunc07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ME too! I am trying to lose the few pounds I gained over the holidays (5 to go) to be back at my happy weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thelazyegg wrote: »

Yeah, I’m actually 129lbs, don’t know how I managed to mistype that! (Edited it now).

Body composition is a weird one though. I’m a size 8 up top, but I have a massive bum.

pear shape is the word we use! :laugh:
  • saynventeen
    saynventeen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi guys im new. Im one of those who gains and lose weight and that problem caused some ugly stretch marks on my body. Now im trying to live healthy. Just wanna drop by and say Hi and that im not the only one who is trying to have a healthy life. :)
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    This is where I'm at. Been in maintenance for a few years now and I'm currently working on some vanity weight to get ready for summer. I've lost a few pounds already since January and I'm currently at 133.4lbs, working down to 128lbs. Also 5ft, 6in :) I have my weight loss target set for .5lb a week and I've been hitting that pretty consistently.
  • Thelazyegg
    Options
    I’m glad to see a few people in the same boat as me, similar stats too. I’m finding it such a slog to motivate myself to lose these last pounds.

I mean I look ok? And I’m healthy?

But my old clothes don’t fit and I don’t feel as comfortable in my own skin. Friends and family aren’t supportive, and seem to take it as a challenge to feed me.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I’m glad to see a few people in the same boat as me, similar stats too. I’m finding it such a slog to motivate myself to lose these last pounds.

But my old clothes don’t fit and I don’t feel as comfortable in my own skin. Friends and family aren’t supportive, and seem to take it as a challenge to feed me.

Usually the best thing to do is not mention you are trying to lose weight. Or if it comes up and they ask questions, saying things like "just trying to eat healthier or trying to get more fit" usually work.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Usually the best thing to do is not mention you are trying to lose weight. Or if it comes up and they ask questions, saying things like "just trying to eat healthier or trying to get more fit" usually work.

I've noticed this too. If it's phrased as "weight loss" then it becomes a topic of conversation. But, "trying to get more fit" seems to put people off. I guess that's just boring for them.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose that last 10 pounds for about 6 months. It's my fault. I'm not 100% on my diet/nutrition.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

As Stef suggested, changing my phrasing has been positive for me when talking with certain people, especially my mother. If I say "I want to lose X lbs" she flips out, if I say "drop some more fat" she lauds my discipline... it's super weird.