Exercise calories changing

Options
Can anyone tell me why my "exercise" calories from my fitbit greatly decrease when I add in cardio activity? Example: Before adding 45 minutes of rowing, my fitbit/earned calories were -41, as I haven't walked a ton today. After adding the rowing, they fitbit/earned calories are now -443. Just trying to figure out why. My doing extra exercise shouldn't detract from my regular body burn. Thanks for any insight.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    ...Didn't mean to post that, sorry!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options

Whatever you posted is gone. :)
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Whatever you posted is gone. :)

Yeah, I edited the post to take it out because it wouldn't make sense in the context. xD I wish we could delete posts, but since we can't, all we can do is edit to say oops, lol.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    You are best to not enter your exercise on MFP as you are manually overriding what your Fitbit detected (if integration is fully operational)

Your "exercise" adjustment has nothing to do with exercise.

It is an accounting tool that equalizes what you told MFP you were planning to burn via the activity level you selected (f.e. sedentary) on mfp vs what your Fitbit has detected that you have burned to that point of time.... projected by mfp to continue at the mfp selected rate to the end of day at midnight.

At midnight your calories out are equalised in both apps (basically your calories out become what your Fitbit detected)

There is a great FAQ in the Fitbit group that explains all this in detail!!!