Starting a Weightlifting Plan?

So I’m looking to lose another 10lbs and body fat %. I run 20-32 mins daily at a 7:30-8:00 pace and vary 10-30 mins of body weight training for arms, core, and legs. I was wondering were is best to start for lifting as I want to tone and not be considered ‘skinny fat’ as I lose weight.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Yes start lifting now to preserve as much muscle as possible while you lose. I would definitely recommend you follow an established program that progresses over time for best results.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Training has many benefits. Find a program that looks good for your liking/schedule and run it for a couple months and report back.

Good luck!
  • vonmarks
    vonmarks Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2019
    https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/10-best-home-dumbbell-workouts/

Here is a program I really like and had success with.
  • tamiloew
    tamiloew Posts: 4 Member
    Do you have a gym membership? I started lifting weights again a year ago and I do the machines and free weights. The resistance machines are great, especially when you're just starting out. Less risk of injury and poor form. I highly suggest having a trainer take you through the machines and show you how to use them properly. You'll be amazed when you are able to add more weights as you start to get stronger.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    tamiloew wrote: »
    Do you have a gym membership? I started lifting weights again a year ago and I do the machines and free weights. The resistance machines are great, especially when you're just starting out. Less risk of injury and poor form. I highly suggest having a trainer take you through the machines and show you how to use them properly. You'll be amazed when you are able to add more weights as you start to get stronger.

Machines are okay but they don't lower injury risk or improve form. That is done by proper load management.