I’ve put on a bit of weight - Couldn’t be happier!

Hi all.... this is for all those at the end of their journey- when you have those last 5-10lbs to lose and they are just not budging!!! I was in this stage when someone gave me some helpful advice: stop worrying about the number on the scale and set some sort of other goal instead- I chose to work on my strength and set a few fitness related goals. Started doing weight training and after just a short time started seeing changes in my body I had never seen before! More toned and leaner than I had ever looked, clothes fitting loose - I hadn’t weighed for a while so got on the sales and I’d GAINED about 7lbs!!!! This proves to me the advice people so often give that it is not what is on the scales that counts! If you feel and look healthy and you are happy then who cares what the number is. I was so fixated on a certain number for so long as I’m sure a lot of people are - but have now learnt that it truly is the way you feel, how your clothes fit, how you look in the mirror. Screw that number guys !! 😀

Replies

• From9five
    From9five Posts: 60 Member
    Kittyy1994 wrote: »
    Hi all.... this is for all those at the end of their journey- when you have those last 5-10lbs to lose and they are just not budging!!! I was in this stage when someone gave me some helpful advice: stop worrying about the number on the scale and set some sort of other goal instead- I chose to work on my strength and set a few fitness related goals. Started doing weight training and after just a short time started seeing changes in my body I had never seen before! More toned and leaner than I had ever looked, clothes fitting loose - I hadn’t weighed for a while so got on the sales and I’d GAINED about 7lbs!!!! This proves to me the advice people so often give that it is not what is on the scales that counts! If you feel and look healthy and you are happy then who cares what the number is. I was so fixated on a certain number for so long as I’m sure a lot of people are - but have now learnt that it truly is the way you feel, how your clothes fit, how you look in the mirror. Screw that number guys !! 😀

This. 110% factual.