not filling up from little flavor

Options
2baninja
2baninja Posts: 511 Member
OK, got a question, why am I still hungry after eating a meal that should be filling, but it has little flavor, Broccoli and Chicken, I know I ate enough to fill up, but the whole thing was very unsatisfying, so I'm still hungry... I even put Ranch and/or sweet and sour sauce on it and it still didn't satisfy.
I'm curious why flavor is so important to me to be filling.
I've also noticed sometimes when I eat a frozen dinner, I'm filled up, but not satisfied then either.

I know it's all in my head, but it's making eating more veggys harder....

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Why does it lack flavor? Did you not season properly? What foods are satisfying to you?
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    What was your fat intake? I find myself unsatisfied when my fat macro is low.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I put a good hot sauce on almost everything. No calories, and adds flavor to even the dullest of foods.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I am going to prepare an eggplant curry. Simple enough, seen on you tube. Will also keep in the fridge for a couple of days and will be delicious with grilled chicken or baked fish.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You might have to experiment to see what you find filling. It could have a mental aspect to it to, if it wasn't tasty or satisfying you could be looking for something else to fill that void. Try more flavour using spices, maybe adding some fat or carbs can help too.
  • 2baninja
    Options
    I don't cook or anything, so my seasoning is basically Ranch or Spray butter, I've tried a few seasonings, that is suppose to complement Broccoli, but wasn't a fan... I don't want to buy bottles of seasoning to find out I'll try it once and never again... I usually use Spray butter on my broccoli, and I find it tasty enough, my goal today was to not use any condiments to make it better for me, but that didn't last after the 1st bite....

I think I got enough fat from the Ranch dressing... but I do find fat and protein more filling then fiber and calories.

I don't like hot sauce, even very mild hot sauce is too hot for me....
  • 2baninja
    Options
    2baninja wrote: »
    I don't cook or anything, so my seasoning is basically Ranch or Spray butter, I've tried a few seasonings, that is suppose to complement Broccoli, but wasn't a fan... I don't want to buy bottles of seasoning to find out I'll try it once and never again... I usually use Spray butter on my broccoli, and I find it tasty enough, my goal today was to not use any condiments to make it better for me, but that didn't last after the 1st bite....

I got enough fat from the Ranch dressing... but I do find fat and protein more filling then fiber and calories.

I don't like hot sauce, even very mild hot sauce is too hot for me....