Frustration!

Options
Hey guys! As most of you know I’ve struggled with weight loss and over thinking the whole process! I’ve contemplated countless diets, over exercised, ate too little, binged etc.

I over think the whole process & feel guilty for eating certain foods or eating a certain amount of calories! It feels like a ride that I can’t get off of. I am so desperate to lose these last 15 lbs but I am so tired of this controlling my life & my every thought! Has anyone else struggled with this? I would also love any book/podcast recommendations on this subject! Thank you for reading ♥️

Replies

• helene4
    helene4 Posts: 120 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I haven’t read your other posts
    I have had the same mentality you have described. I did get a therapist and that helped a bunch

What’s worked for me is remembering

Easy does it - this is not a race :) you will get there if you stay consistent, stay within your calories for the week, and follow a healthy diet and exercise plan. There is joy in the journey

You’re right where you’re supposed to be and it will only get better from here if you accept the process

For me

I had to quit drinking because I pinpointed my drinking as the main thing holding up my weight loss. When I drink my thoughts about food and getting in shape are a little more extreme than they are when I’m sober for a while. So i quit almost a year ago and haven’t looked back! 😎

I set healthy boundaries with others. When I don’t sent healthy boundaries I usually want to emotionally eat.

Sometimes I have to stay off social media bc that can influence me in a bad way

I wake up every morning and I state my intentions out loud: I will eat healthy today

And that reminds me not to starve myself or binge eat or take any extreme measures. I set myself on the right track from the beginning - I’m going to eat healthy meals regularly to give my body the nutrients it needs, and I’m going to take care of myself because I am worth it

I believe in you
    I think you’re worth it

Have faith

Don’t be afraid to talk to a professional. Life is hard and no one can do everything by them self (and even if they could that’s kind of lonely)

I’m glad we don’t have to do all of this alone
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Reflect on how far you have come and be proud of that, it sounds like you’re at the final home stretch, the end is in sight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What changes have you implemented based on the info you got in your last similar thread?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend the book The Chimp Paradox by Prof Steve Peters.
    (He came to prominence in the sports psychology field but has far wider experience than that.)

Apart from giving a great explanation of what's going on in your head it does offer strategies for altering how you think and react.

It would also be worth your spouse reading it as it gives you a common language - "That's your Chimp speaking" makes you think you need to pause, calm your emotions and think instead of react.