Going out to dinner for birthday

Options
Chandra650
Chandra650 Posts: 15 Member
I’m going out to dinner for my birthday. I know I’m going to go over my allowance today but I’m going to try to make better choices. What have some of you done on special occasions?

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Portions.. you can still enjoy your special day without going overboard..

Happy bday!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Okay so say you commit to your diet for a year. One day is less than 0.3% of that time. Relax, it’s just one day just enjoy it. Happy Birthing Day.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What do I do? I enjoy it, even if I'm cutting (usually I'm bulking thankfully since it's in January!). Lots of yummy food and wine.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I usually just enjoy whatever I want on that day. But sometimes, I do take advantage of it being "my pick" (restaurant). For example the last two birthdays when my family wanted to take me out to celebrate, I chose a good Japanese place that is more quality over quantity. I had sushi and soup or a bento and fancy small dessert each time.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    You only have one birthday, so I really wouldn't worry about it. Eat what you want to enjoy.
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat what I want on special occasions. It's literally 1 day. You have the other 364 days.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I went out for my birthday I eat what I wanted. It was a all you can eat buffet including dessert it took my weight 2 weeks to get back to what it was pre-birthday but it was worth it and you only have one birthday may as well enjoy it :)
  • mkarzt714
    mkarzt714 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want. Enjoy the moment and just relax the next day. Then... get back on that grind. Some intense cardio a solid weight session and plenty of water.