Can it be that simple?

Options
2»

Replies

• lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    cbs1974 wrote: »
    Yep , Its simple - But does not happen overnight , and in reality its not simple there is a lot of sweat and tears involved and a small amount of mental will power .
    You can do it , set a date be prepared and start again and never look back.

A (small) amount of wilkpower? I have.an aunt who says she needs will the WILLPOWER in the world....lol
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes, it’s that simple. The weight loss industry (that’s after your money) makes it seem complicated. I’ve lost 80 pounds and have been in maintenance for about 5 months now. I eat what I want within my calorie goals. I exercise because it makes me feel good - and I get a few bonus calories to eat back. It’s not always easy, but it is simple.
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    I never followed any diets, but watching what and how much I eat allows me to fit in things I want.

Also, planning and prepping as best as I can helps me a great deal and keeps me in control.

I've lost over 80 pounds and kept it off for almost six years eating this way. For me it is that simple.

However, it did take me some time to figure things out since I was used to eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted for most of my life.

Is that you in the pic? Your waist is so small if that is you.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's that simple. What's also nice about it is that it's self-correcting. You don't have to force yourself to eat a certain way, but you'll notice the way you eat will gradually change because some things don't feel like they're worth the calories as often and you used to have them, and that some things you'll find you'll eat more often than you used to because they are more filling.

This is true. We’ve had a bag of potato chips in the house for two weeks now. As delicious as they are, I’ve left them alone because a) my healthier “meal” foods are more important when it comes to my calorie budget, b) I am really close to my goal and I want to lose my last few pounds, and c) I’m just not that interested in potato chips anymore.

I’ve changed. Old me would have eaten the whole bag without thinking twice. Now, my mid-day protein bar snack is treat-like enough.