Any else doing a Turbo Fire rotation?

Options
I just finished my first week of Turbo Fire and I'm having a blast! Wouldn't mind having a buddy to join me. :smile:

Replies

• turboandrea
    turboandrea Posts: 108
    Options
    Hey! I just started TurboFire on Wednesday (making my rest days Fridays). I'm loving every minute of it so far. How are you progressing on it? I've found the HIIT sessions so far to be very difficult for me but drinking 1 scoop of recovery formula in my water during the session powers me through.

Friend request sent!
  • S_H84
    S_H84 Posts: 75
    Options
    I am in week 3. I really love the program.... :)
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 2 of the ChaLean Extreme/Turbo Fire hybrid.
  • sherri79eaton
    sherri79eaton Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about getting this, but would like some feedback! My hubby is doing p90X. I am severely out of shape and I am affraid most of these exercises would be too difficult. does it modify for those who can't quite do all the moves yes? I looks like a ton of fun!!
  • S_H84
    S_H84 Posts: 75
    Options
    I am thinking about getting this, but would like some feedback! My hubby is doing p90X. I am severely out of shape and I am affraid most of these exercises would be too difficult. does it modify for those who can't quite do all the moves yes? I looks like a ton of fun!!

I did P90X lean first. Once I completed it I ordered TurboFire.
    If you are out of shape, my suggestion to you would be do one tour of P90X and then do TurboFire. P90X will get your body used to more exercise and it is "gradual" because it is a mixture of cardio and strength. Unlike TurboFire that is pretty much all cardio, except once per week it is strength. TurboFire kicks my butt and I am in shape. But it is also A LOT of fun.

And yes, TurboFire (as well as P90X) does modify moves. However, in TurboFire not everything can be modified. Usually they just modify jumps (and replace them by pulling the leg up). There is a lot of jumping and kicking.

If you have any questions let me know :) I will be happy to help.
  • turboandrea
    turboandrea Posts: 108
    Options
    Sherri,

If you're truly severely out of shape, then I wouldn't recommend TurboFire to start. It's a somewhat intense program for people, even with modifying the moves. The only thing the modifiers do is help with knee issues. It's still a very active class for 30 minutes or even an hour. I know that with being in shape and working out steadily for the past few months, it's difficult for me to get through the whole class with no breaks. The HIIT portions so far are very difficult for me.

I'd highly recommend starting with TurboJam. It's cheaper for starters and will get you used to the whole Turbo world. I started off with TurboJam and quickly became addicted. It's still just as effective of a program. I lost 7 inches with TJ and if you follow the nutrition, you lose pounds as well. The nutrition guide is so good that I'm still using it instead of the TurboFire meal plan. Super easy to cook and prepare for, too!

I went ahead and sent you a message with more info.

Good luck! :)
  • fifthand57th
    Options
    I'm finishing week 3 of TurboFire today! I LOVE it! I'm adding the ChaLEAN Extreme weight training workouts on HIIT days and once on the weekend. Not following the TurboFire/ChaLEAN Extreme Hybrid in the "Turn Up the Burn" Exercise Guide that you get with TurboFire, per se. Sort of making up my own as I go along.

There is an 8 week "prep" course for TurboFire included with the program for anyone who wants to do it but doesn't feel like they're ready for the full program. That might be an option if you are considering TurboFire but wonder about intensity and readiness.

Alee is the name of the girl who stands beside Chalene in all of the videos. She modifies all of the workouts to make them low-impact.

It's a great program and SO much fun. The music is the best. I think I'm so over the moon about it because most of the songs remind me of my junior high and senior high years. Kool and the Gang, Salt n Pepa, Parliament, Chic, and the list goes ON...

Hope this helps!!!
  • fifthand57th
    Options
    I forgot to mention the "New to Class" option!!! To help you learn the class routine/choreography, there's a "New to Class" option on the DVD menu for the "Fire" classes. Before each segment change in the routine, the "New to Class" choice slows the pace and Chalene breaks down the next set of moves for you! She tells you how to do them correctly/safely and how she cues the moves so you get used to the terminology.

They thought of everything!