Fast start enters flat line zone

Options
Such a fast start for me in the beginning of my quest to lose 25. In a matter of a month and a half I was down 14 pounds! All the sudden I had my first week of zero weight loss but on the bright side no weight gain. However, I find myself discouraged as I have 10 more pounds to lose and for some reason this one week momentum loss really hit me hard. Looking for some motivation music people!

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Chant these four words - desire, discipline, patience and perseverance.

You undoubtedly have mastered desire and discipline but now need to work on your patience and perseverance. You can do it and I’ll be privately cheering for you.

Don’t quit until your fitness, health and wellness miracle has arrived.

Enjoy your day.
  • chocolate1902
    chocolate1902 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Love that meditative approach!
  • micandy77
    micandy77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are hard I was told switching up what your doing to confuse your muscles helps to get over that plateau. I don’t know if you have tried his yet . But we all have faith you can do it ! You will get past this and conquer!
  • micandy77
    micandy77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Switching up what your doing :) sorry
  • chocolate1902
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thank you. I had heard of this type of approach before so this is a great reminder and I will definitely give it a try! I turn 56 in about four weeks and I really want to get to my goal weight by then!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    @chocolate1902, I’ve got lint in my belly button older than you so enjoy your youth.

I had my plateau episodes along my weight loss journey and, while frustrated, I quickly learned they were points where I double-downed my efforts to bust through my stuck point. Guess what? It worked! Double-down works.

Having arrived, let me tell you it’s awesome so keep marching forward and ask yourself, how am I going to double-down this week?
  • chocolate1902
    Options
    Thank you very much. That certainly hit the spot!