Herniated discs and exercise

Options
Hello! Quick background about myself. I am 24 and recently had emergency back surgery(hemilaminectomy and discetomy) in October of 2017 due to losing feeling in my legs. After the surgery I am still left with 2 herniated discs, L3&4. I’m currently only watching what I eat because I’m not completely sure what work outs I can do safely with out making my herniated discs worse. If you have any recommendations or are in a similar situation I would love to hear from you! Thanks!!

Replies

• youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Talk to your physiotherapist. Bring them a copy of your detailed medical records to go through if possible.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Ask your doctor and surgeon.

If they won't release you for resistance training, ask why and what is the guesstimate on the timeline.

If they will/have released you, then find a qualified well experienced trainer that has a amazing track record that will work with your medical team to help you progress forward. If you need help I can point you to well experienced trainers, just PM me for info.

This is something that is not general and needs specificity to your situation.