I'm baaaaack!

Options
EmiFry3
EmiFry3 Posts: 11 Member
Hello everyone! My name is Emily, I am 27 and I am currently 4 weeks postpartum. I had started taking my weight loss seriously in August of 2017 after seeing a picture of myself but my weightloss was very slow. I joined a gym in February of 2018 and I lost about 35lbs! In July 2018 I found out I was pregnant so my weight loss got put on a backburner for the safety of the baby. During the first couple trimesters I did really well, I still ate very healthy and I still went to the gym. I didn't gain any baby weight at that time, but my doctor was okay with that because I am considered "morbidly obese"(I hate that term so much!) Anyway, my third trimester hit and my eating habits got very bad, I stopped going to the gym and I gained 25lbs. Now, here I am post baby and wanting to get back on track. My eating habits are still awful as I am having a hard time adjusting to being a new mom. I am still not medically clear to go back to the gym but I still try to walk almost everyday. During my time away from MFP I lost most of my friends on here so I am looking for new ones! Please feel free to add me! I would love to know your story too!

Replies

• cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Welcome back......good luck this time around
  • lorkrister
    lorkrister Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily, don't feel like you will not be able to lose. I am also having to lose weight, and this is my first day, so I of course am telling myself "I can do this". A friend of mine said her hubby lost 25 lbs with this, so I am going to try also. I am "much older" than you and in my life I have always found if I wanted to do something I tell myself this word which I like very much....it is PERSEVERE, and I am determined. So Emily start telling yourself you can do this as I will also for me...and we can talk as we go. Have that determination Emily....you can do this!
  • buckymac
    buckymac Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Searching to talk to someone and your "I'm baaacckkk" caught my attention. me too - I feel the same way. Lost 45 pounds with WW, kept it off for 2 years and the past 6 months or so have gained back 15. HELP!!! I know the words, know how it works, understand the story. Why oh why am I here again? evidently I didn't "hear" the words... have to get serious again. Thanks for your time. 64 and from PA - any others?