Wine not

Options
chocolate1902
chocolate1902 Posts: 48 Member
edited March 2019 in Motivation and Support
Hey, y’all think two wine glasses a day is OK with this whole weight-loss thing. I just like to end my day with a couple of glasses of Vino so that’s what it is. I raise my glass to y’all who you trying to lose some weight and stay healthy!

Replies

• emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I have trouble calling it good with two and two glasses of wine gives me the hungries, so I’ve had to cut it out. If you can have your wine and meet your calorie goals, enjoy!
  • chocolate1902
    Options
    Awesomeness and all about it em!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you log it to account for the calories, and you don't end up hungry because you're using calories on wine that you need for food :smile:
  • chocolate1902
    Options
    Thanks Kimny! I know everything is steering away from sugars . But wine is a natural carb is it not?
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits your calories and doesn't take you out of a deficit, then go for it.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kimny! I know everything is steering away from sugars . But wine is a natural carb is it not?

Meh, I don't worry about sugar or natural :lol: Once I get my protein and fiber for the day, and a few servings of veggies, I don't worry about the rest of it.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I drink most nights. I do measure my glasses exactly though so I’m not consuming extra calories. If it doesn’t fit - I don’t drink. But I make sure it does most nights.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Just make sure you log it to account for the calories, and you don't end up hungry because you're using calories on wine that you need for food :smile:

^^This. Consider accepting a lower deficit/higher daily goal so you can be sure to get adequate nutrition. Especially if you’re already eating near the lower end, ie 1200 for women or 1500 for men. Of course it means you would lose at a slightly slower pace, which sounds worth it if you can get your wine.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking 4 oz of sauvignon blanc right now! allegedly 88 calories.
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    When I have wine I make sure that I have the calories saved up for it at the end of the day and strictly measure out my servings. If I really just NEED my huge glass filled to the top I measure out my wine and fill the rest with a flavored seltzer. That way I feel like I'm getting a huge, rewarding glass of wine with only the calories of one serving.
  • Jacky28105
    Jacky28105 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I figured out if I give up my wine I have the potential to lose 40 lbs in a year. To me, that is a must.
  • Tremellas
    Tremellas Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    dechowj wrote: »
    If I really just NEED my huge glass filled to the top I measure out my wine and fill the rest with a flavored seltzer. That way I feel like I'm getting a huge, rewarding glass of wine with only the calories of one serving.
    This is a pro tip!