Day 1 of C25K and I didn't die!

Options
I usually have to decide days in advance when I'll be working out, tell my accountability partner so I can't back out, and psych myself up for it right before. And then I still usually don't make it to the gym.

Today I went spontaneously, did the Week 1, Day 1 workout of Couch to 5K (which I'd tried and failed to do three times earlier) all the way through and didn't feel like my chest was going to explode!

I feel ridiculous posting this, but I still want to celebrate because then I'll want to do it more!

Replies

• goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! I am going to start tomorrow or Monday, depending on when my hubby gets home.. I have to admit I am a little worried if I can pull it off.. I have next to no stamina! But - I hope I do as good as you did! Way to go!!
  • rwilkins
    rwilkins Posts: 8
    Options
    WONDERFUL!!! It is hard to get up off the couch, and it is even harder doing the exercise; but when you are done, you fill so muh better. Just remember that and remember the excitement when you posted this. You'll be great!!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. It is a wonderful accomplishment you have a right to be proud of. A year ago I started C25K and it took me 6 months to complete. Then I worked up to running 19 miles per week with my long run at 8 miles. Take your time and enjoy it. It is fun to run.

Great Job. :flowerforyou:
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You do have something to celebrate! I have to talk myself into it every morning. I say - If I want to eat I have to exercise. That generally gets me moving (LOL). Good luck - day by day!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    That's great! Everyone has to start somewhere. I've been loosely following C25K since the beginning of June and it's been great so far. I run twice a week at the gym so progress was a bit slow, but I finally got my fitness level up and I ran a whole mile on Thursday! It felt amazing and just the week before my longest running interval was 3 minutes. So your body is capable of more than you think :) Hope you have lots of success with it! My new goal is to run in a 5K in the fall. My previous goal was running a mile by the end of the summer and I'm 6 weeks early.
  • xxgoriexx
    xxgoriexx Posts: 39
    Options
    It's hard to get started on things like that. xD Good luck, though. I heard it's a good program. :]
  • Kamila02
    Kamila02 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That's SO great! I'm so excited for you!

I just started the P90X, and OH MY GOSH... I didn't, and still don't, think it's unreasonable when I'm doing it (I'm sure lack of form has something to do with that). But the next day... OUCH! But I'm still doing it and it's AMAZING! So, I feel like celebrating with you!!!

GO GIRL!!!
  • Chani56
    Chani56 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I started last week. Day 1 was really tough. Like you mentioned, I thought my chest would explode. I'm not quite ready to move on to week 2 so I'm doing week 1 again this week. I'm planning on doing a 5k at the end of September. I've even recruited a couple of frinds to do it with me so I'll be less inclined to quit. Good luck to you!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hiya
    good for you! today is day 3 week 2 for me..... keep it going and soon we will be 'joggers' or 'runners' wey hey!
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Well done. I'm starting today, little bit apprehensive but I'm determined to do this.
  • AGG115
    AGG115 Posts: 62
    Options
    That's great!!! I am going to start tomorrow or Monday, depending on when my hubby gets home.. I have to admit I am a little worried if I can pull it off.. I have next to no stamina! But - I hope I do as good as you did! Way to go!!
    It seriously took me four tries, so just give it your best. PM me and let me know how out went.
  • neilmc74
    neilmc74 Posts: 3
    Options
    Just keep at it - you will amaze yourself at your achievements doing this programme. Do not listen to the voice in your head when it says you cant do it. Just try and get yourself through ten secs at a time and before you know it the run is over.

What really helps me is a decent playlist on the ipod or use a podcast. I find the podrunner podcasts have suited me best.

Im off out to do week 5 run 2 which will be the biggest i have done yet - 2of 8 min intervals
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    Congrats!! :flowerforyou:

I tried it when I first started MFP and got through the first week and had to stop cause my right knee was hurting so bad! I have set a goal with myself that when I get down to 200lbs I will attempt it again since I won't have as much weight on my knee.

My husband has done it and ran on the treadmill for 5k straight last night! So the program does work. It took him 37 minutes to complete so now he will work on getting it down to under 30 minutes.

Great job!!!!
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    Options
    That is so great that you did Day 1 and didn't die!! I sure hope that I don't! LOL! I am starting it this next week. My first day will be either Thursday or Friday. I absolutely hate to run but maybe doing it with this program I will learn to enjoy it more!

Good Luck and keep up the great work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!