106 Down, hell of a lot more to go.

lukewind
lukewind Posts: 177 Member
Hi.

When I started using MFP and fitbit to lose weight I had to weigh myself on a shipping scale. I weighed over 530LBS. I am very tall and muscular so I held my weight better then a lot of people my size, but still I was obviously very obese. I have been able to get my weight down before but never been able to make it stick. But for some reason this time I think I can. I am actually happy with what I eat and I don't have to stick to some crazy diet that I can't stick to over time, its helped me drop over 100lbs so far.

Using MFP is the first time that I don't feel deprived while losing weight and I think that is what is helping me this time. At my size and height I see 235lbs as my final destination. That number seems so far away, but I thank all the great people who post here with encouragement. I rarely post but do read the forums quite often. Good luck to all those with a large weight loss goal like mine. Never give up.

Replies

• SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Hi.

When I started using MFP and fitbit to lose weight I had to weigh myself on a shipping scale. I weighed over 530LBS. I am very tall and muscular so I held my weight better then a lot of people my size, but still I was obviously very obese. I have been able to get my weight down before but never been able to make it stick. But for some reason this time I think I can. I am actually happy with what I eat and I don't have to stick to some crazy diet that I can't stick to over time, its helped me drop over 100lbs so far.

Using MFP is the first time that I don't feel deprived while losing weight and I think that is what is helping me this time. At my size and height I see 235lbs as my final destination. That number seems so far away, but I thank all the great people who post here with encouragement. I rarely post but do read the forums quite often. Good luck to all those with a large weight loss goal like mine. Never give up.

Such an ahhh-mazing story - glad you decided to share with us! =)) There's one problem tho - "you 'think' you can." You should change that to 'I KNOW I can.' =)) It is important we never give up! Keep up the great work! =)))
  • blc1971
    blc1971 Posts: 170 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!! Your progress is awesome and I am inspired to stay strong. I totally understand your feeling that "this time is different". I've lost weight and gained it all back by trying all of the quick fixes that are never sustainable. When I started this process last year I started making changes that I could really live with. I haven't felt deprived either, and I really think that is what will make this work for me long term. Good luck on your journey!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Congratulations on your amazing progress so far!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Holy smokes! Job well done! Keep letting us know how you're progressing. It's very motivational.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    OMG You've lost 100 lbs since May?! Holy ISH! Congratulations on your success so far and keep on keepin on!
  • kittyhawk99
    kittyhawk99 Posts: 7 Member
    That's fantastic, you have done so well and are an inspiration to me to keep at it.
    Thanks so much for posting, feel free to add me as a friend so I can help you to stay motivated.
    Good work
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Wow! Congratulations! Keep at it! You can do it!!!
  • lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    No, 100lbs since late January lol
    . I only signed up for MFP in May.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    No, 100lbs since late January lol
    . I only signed up for MFP in May.

Nonetheless, VERY IMPRESSIVE!
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Awesome job! Keep doing what you're doing! Congrats on losing over 100 lbs in a relatively short amount of time.
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Thats an AMAZING LOSS! Just remember you CAN do it and you ARE worth it- Keep going :drinker: :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Fantastic - it doesn't matter where you start- it matters where you end up! You must feel soo much better after that loss!
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Wow 106 is amazing. You should be proud!
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Well done, your doing amazing.
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    More than 100 lbs in just over 6 months....WOW!!! That is phenomenal!! Go you!
  • Thank you for sharing. Amazing and inspirational. :) Great job.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    WOW!!! That is incredibly amazing! What a spectacular loss! Great work so far! And keep it going you will reach your goal :smile:
  • That is truly amazing. You are an inspiration.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    More than 100 lbs in just over 6 months....WOW!!! That is phenomenal!! Go you!

^^^ This!!!! My eyeballs popped out of my head when I read that! Do you realize how wonderful you have done? I do have one little bit of advice. When you see that you have over 200 lbs to lose... don't look at that number no more. Look at 10 lbs at a time. Seriously, that is what I have done and it is making me feel like I can achieve it!!! I don't say " Oh man, I still have 86 lbs to lose " :( I say, " I only have 8 more lbs to go! " And then I reset after I hit the 10 lbs. I'm telling you the truth... my mind works better that way, and it makes me feel like ANYTHING is possible...AND before you know it, you will have lost that 200 lbs without even stressing out over it!!!! I'm super proud of you.... SUPER proud!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • RealMattHopkins
    RealMattHopkins Posts: 75 Member
    Way to go!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!