Working out after C-Section

Options
Catsteria
Catsteria Posts: 16
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
How long did you wait to work out after your C-Section? I want to start Insanity soon but I have heard some people say you have to wait 6 months for something like that? I am almost 7 weeks PP and I've been waiting since I was pregnant to do this and I'm so anxious to!

Replies

• megan020103
    Options
    I started Insanity as soon as I was cleared by the doctor - at 6 weeks pp. Take it easy at first - build into it. Listen to your body! If it feels like it is too much - wait a little longer. I had lost all of my baby weight and then some during those 60 days! If you are breastfeeding, make sure to eat enough to keep up with the supply.
  • BurningAway
    Options
    I had a c-section and let me tell you even yoga hurt 8 weeks PP. i couldnt even feel my lower abs for a year and a half i would imagine waiting at least two months would probably be a good idea, your body isnt fully recovered until a year after delivery so i would take that into account ultimately i would wait for the all clear from my doctor.
  • Catsteria
    Options
    I started Insanity as soon as I was cleared by the doctor - at 6 weeks pp. Take it easy at first - build into it. Listen to your body! If it feels like it is too much - wait a little longer. I had lost all of my baby weight and then some during those 60 days! If you are breastfeeding, make sure to eat enough to keep up with the supply.

How much did you have to lose? I really hope my scar is up to the challenge lol
  • Catsteria
    Options
    I had a c-section and let me tell you even yoga hurt 8 weeks PP. i couldnt even feel my lower abs for a year and a half i would imagine waiting at least two months would probably be a good idea, your body isnt fully recovered until a year after delivery so i would take that into account ultimately i would wait for the all clear from my doctor.

:/ I feel back to normal but I'm definitely going to wait until my doctors appointment to make sure I'm healed.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    def dont push it. wait until your doc tells you its OK.
    I was TOO anxious and i went back earlier because i thought I would be OK - not. Did not feel good at all, not worth any permanent damage you could do.
    Dont worry, you can still "kill it" when you are ready!
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Honestly it really depends on you as a person. I however would start off with just walking. That scar is going to burn like all heck. Talk to your doctor before starting something like that right after you get cleared its hard and I wouldn't suggest it right away. Good luck with whatever you choice to do.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    8 weeks was the minimum for me. I really waited until closer to 12 weeks to do anything beyond light lifting and walking. I had a lot of pain and discomfort during recovery though. Take your time. Don't be in such a rush that you do something bad to yourself.
  • megan020103
    Options

How much did you have to lose? I really hope my scar is up to the challenge lol

I had about 20 lbs to lose. I guess I should have mentioned that I am very active and exercise everyday. I did not find it any trouble at 6 week pp, BUT everyone is different. This was also my 2nd csection which I believe makes a difference in your healing time. I had a harder time healing after my 1st csection. I was moving without pain in 2 days after the 2nd. Listen to your body!
This discussion has been closed.