Colostomy & Hysterectomy - major weight gain 😔

Options
MEGG4018
MEGG4018 Posts: 12 Member
Hi,
Hello!

I am looking for suggestions for calories, foods and training after a 30lbs weight gain post colostomy & Hysterectomy.

I am 40 years old, and 5'4'. My highest weight was 175 lbs and I worked hard at losing 60lbs. That was too much and I gained some back to be healthy. I did this by swimming 4 times a week and a 1100 calorie diet. It took me about a 4 years to get to my target weight of 120.

Then I got sick and first had a hysterectomy and a colostomy (with anastomosis; ie no bag).

In the 2 years since I have gained 30lbs while being careful and nothing I do seems to help. I am on a 1200 calorie diet with high protein and swim 2-3 times a week and do another 2-3 classes a week of weights/core/yoga.

I have a lot of midsection fat I need to lose. But it is all over not just localized.

I would really like to be able to lose 0.5 to 1 lbs per week and lose most of those 30lbs.n

I do mostly desk work but want to increase my walking I curently do about 8000 steps a day.

I am new to MFP but have seen naturopath, doctor and dietician but nothing seems to work.

I also suffer from depression, anxiety and chronic pain but try not to let it stop me.

Any advice

PS. If anyone wants to take me on as a challenge I'd be more than grateful 😂

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • MEGG4018
    MEGG4018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have been logging on another program. Thanks for advise on diary, I I will do so :)