Need help with opposite goals meal prep

Options
Hello!

Is there any good sites that have recipes for couples who have opposite goals?
I'm trying to loose and hes trying to gain.
I dont want to make one thing and either have him need to eat multiple servings or me eat two bites of something.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I would make something that fits your goals, and he can have an extra side(especially something carby like bread, rice, pasta, etc. that can be covered in butter or cheese.) He can also have a glass of milk and larger portions. For me, it's easier to focus on lean protein and vegetables.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    he eats more, you eat less? as in - literally. make the food to suit your needs, he eats a lot more of it, you eat the amount you need.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight, my husband is weight stable and we are feeding three teenagers, one a 16yo male lacrosse player who is 6'3" tall, weighs in at 150lbs and does running club twice a week, another a 15yo female hockey and soccer player (both seasons overlapping right now) who is over 5'8" tall and not sure her weight. 135ish? The third teenager is not playing a sport riggt now but seems to have two hollow legs (5'5",13yo girl, sub 100lbs).

Our meals when I am home to cook are a good portion of lean (or relatively so) protein (meat or fish), roasted vegetables or salad and some carb. Baked/roast/mashed potatoes, pasta, rice, bread etc.

Everyone gets protein and veg, in amounts that fit their goals and appetite, then the carb is a choice.

For me, generally skip it unless it's potatoes, I may work it in. More often not. My husband is probably pretty balanced, though lighter in the veg than me. My son will eat a large portion of protein, a good serving of veg and usually double carbs. My 15yo daughter will eat a medium to large serving of protein, lots of veg and moderate carbs (she might skip if it's baked potato, she's not a fan, and double up on the veg and increase her protein portion). My youngest will eat anything not nailed down, including plenty of veg, lol.

Also, my husband and kids will more often than not have milk with dinner, though the 15yo is more likely to skip it.

My point I guess is that I make one meal and different people with different needs and goals can all meet them from it.

Make one meal whose base meets your lower calorie goals. Your husband can add butter, cheese, bread, eat bigger portions.

Eg: grilled boneless-skinless chicken thighs, rice cooked in chicken broth with peppers and onions and garlic and salad.

You have a couple thighs, a weighed portion of rice with a side salad with a light dressing. He has 4 or more thighs, a double or triple portion of the rice (add butter if he likes it), and throws shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, croutons and a heavier dressing on his salad.

Eg 2: Tacos. Make plenty of whatever protein. You make a taco salad with plenty of lettuce, tomato, diced onion, etc... Couple slices of avocado, a reasonable portion of the protein, some shredded cheese, salsa, a dab of sour cream. Crumble some Tortilla chips or a hard taco shell on top for crunch. He gets 3 or 4 tortillas (hard or taco sized soft). Plenty of protein, the rest of the avocado, plenty of cheese, sour cream, salsa and vegetation. Maybe a side of refried beans.

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    For a totally different take: My husband and I eat basically the same lunch and dinner main dishes, in basically the same portions. He snacks a lot more than I do, which is where he gets his additional calories.