need to end the cycle.

Options
akfinn21
akfinn21 Posts: 16 Member
growing up i always watched my mother go crazy with an extreme diet and exercise regime, do really well, burn out, and quit. i always, always promised myself thay wouldn’t be me. for the longest time, i totally avoided diet and exercise in the mind frame of denial/“body acceptance” but that was just my fear of failure and fear of developing a cycle of my own.

january 2016 i joined weight watchers and lost 125lbs over about a year and a half. they changed the program and i floundered. i counted calories and continued working out but then lost steam.

i’ve now gained back twenty pounds and stopped exercising after some significant lifestyle changes.

no excuses, i know what i need to do, i just have to do it. so, here’s to recommitting to a lifestyle change and breaking the cycle.

Replies

• Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    akfinn21 wrote: »
    growing up i always watched my mother go crazy with an extreme diet and exercise regime, do really well, burn out, and quit. i always, always promised myself thay wouldn’t be me. for the longest time, i totally avoided diet and exercise in the mind frame of denial/“body acceptance” but that was just my fear of failure and fear of developing a cycle of my own.

january 2016 i joined weight watchers and lost 125lbs over about a year and a half. they changed the program and i floundered. i counted calories and continued working out but then lost steam.

i’ve now gained back twenty pounds and stopped exercising after some significant lifestyle changes.

no excuses, i know what i need to do, i just have to do it. so, here’s to recommitting to a lifestyle change and breaking the cycle.

That sounds great.

What specifically do you need to do?
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    20 lb gained back is no big deal compared to what you lost! Just hop back on the wagon with MFP. Also, I have the same question as the person above. What do you need to do?