Is 2 slices of pizza bad?

So its hard to maintain a proper diet with my crazy college schedule. I have class 6 days a week 8 hours a day with only one 30 minute break in between. We have a little pizza stand at our school and so they have pizza. I got 2 slices of cheese pizza. I can't log it in my diary because its not a popular pizza chan its a mom and pop family business.

So i got 2 slices of cheese, approximately the size of each slice is the size of a slice of a large pizza. (18")

How many calories would you guess that it is? Grams of fat?

Is this going to throw my diet off for the day? I plan to eat healthier later tonight, although i dont get out of class till 9 pm. (ugh) i'm just going to grab a 6" healthy sub from subway, with some baked lays and a bottle of dasani water.

Does this seem bad?

Replies

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Eat as much pizza as you want if it fits your macros and you stay in your calories.

The only thing that will "throw" your diet off is going over your TDEE consistently.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    not sure but my Dietician always suggested thin crust light on the cheese and sauce and loaded on the veggies when I get pizza...
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    3 or 4 slices is more ideal..
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    yes... it is a fatal dose and you will die an agonizing death, slow miserable death.
  • TyTy76
    yes... it is a fatal dose and you will die an agonizing death, slow miserable death.

jenna-marbles.gif
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    No, it's not bad. Best advice on calories/fat would be to find the average chain equivalent and log it as 2 slices of *whatever type crust* cheese pizza. It may not be completely accurate, but it'd be closer than just guessing and quick adding some calories.
  • I know that some restaurants 2 slices of pizza is around 400 calories, not bad at all, but places like sbarro, its like 700 calories per slice of pizza!!! . I dont really watch my calories too much, i am always under my calories for the day, the main thing i have to try and not go over is sugar, carbs, sodium and grams of fat.
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Eat as much pizza as you want if it fits your macros and you stay in your calories.

The only thing that will "throw" your diet off is going over your TDEE consistently.

This^^^

I had three slices of pepperoni and anchovy pizza yesterday. Worked out hard to keep it in my cals and my macros were close... Sodium was a little brutal though... I blame the toppings :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    You can search your food in the database. That'll give you a better idea of how many calories it is and how it affects your daily goal. (If you can't find the specific brand or type, pick one that is similar in the databse.)
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    No, it's not bad. Best advice on calories/fat would be to find the average chain equivalent and log it as 2 slices of *whatever type crust* cheese pizza. It may not be completely accurate, but it'd be closer than just guessing and quick adding some calories.

This is what I do when I can't find the exact type/brand. Is it similar to Papa John's? Log that. More like Pizza Hut? Try that. You could also put in cheese pizza pizza palor or something like that and see what hits.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    I know that some restaurants 2 slices of pizza is around 400 calories, not bad at all, but places like sbarro, its like 700 calories per slice of pizza!!! . I dont really watch my calories too much, i am always under my calories for the day, the main thing i have to try and not go over is sugar, carbs, sodium and grams of fat.

I guess the question is were your two slices more like sbarro or some restaurants?
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member

This.

Also, maybe not label foods good or bad? It could set up some ridiculous behaviors towards food. Maybe go back through your fast food thread and read some of those responses too?
  • TinkaRose
    TinkaRose Posts: 6 Member
    Pizza is high in everything! If you must, try the Lean Cuisine Pizzas. They are pretty good and have under 400 for the single serve pizza. There is also a Red Barron 4 cheese pizza that is 419 calories and is very good.
    :flowerforyou:
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Only if I don't get a beer with them.
  • TyTy76
    Pizza is high in everything! If you must, try the Lean Cuisine Pizzas. They are pretty good and have under 400 for the single serve pizza. There is also a Red Barron 4 cheese pizza that is 419 calories and is very good.
    :flowerforyou:

Don't.
    They are terrible.

They have like 6000mg of sodium.

If you're going to eat pizza, eat it.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Marilyn Vos Savant once said that pizza and Purina monkey chow are the two most perfect foods a human could eat if stranded on an island for the rest of one's life. I'm guessing there's a Papa John's there?
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    So its hard to maintain a proper diet with my crazy college schedule. I have class 6 days a week 8 hours a day with only one 30 minute break in between. We have a little pizza stand at our school and so they have pizza. I got 2 slices of cheese pizza. I can't log it in my diary because its not a popular pizza chan its a mom and pop family business.

So i got 2 slices of cheese, approximately the size of each slice is the size of a slice of a large pizza. (18")

How many calories would you guess that it is? Grams of fat?

Is this going to throw my diet off for the day? I plan to eat healthier later tonight, although i dont get out of class till 9 pm. (ugh) i'm just going to grab a 6" healthy sub from subway, with some baked lays and a bottle of dasani water.

Does this seem bad?

When I was in college, I carried a lunch box with me. Because of my classes (was taking 5) plus all of the student organizations I was in, my sorority, my co-ed fraternity, etc, I was almost never at my dorm. I was literally out of my room at 7am and did not get back until after midnight at least 5-6 days of the week. Don't let any excuse or hurdle give you a reason to eat food that doesn't really fit your macros or food that makes you feel GUILTY after eating it!

You can do it!

Edit: PS not to mention, it was way too expensive to eat out every day all day!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    I happily work pizza into my day when I can.

Unfortunately we're living on a shoestring budget this month and nice yummy take out isn't possible. *sigh* I may need to put forth the effort to make some from scratch this week.
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Eat the pizza.

I don't think 2 slices will come to only 400 calories , unless is thin crust. But not likely for 2 slices of a 18 inch pizza.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    I've eaten pizza throughout the course of my journey. I don't eat it as much as I used to eat or as much. I think you can see from my ticker below that it hasn't had a negative effect on my progress. Pizza is one thing I refuse to eliminate from my food groups. Actually I don't eliminate anything, it's more about portion size and control. I used to down a medium pizza at one sitting. No longer do that but I have found that among the chains, Dominos with the super thin crust has the least amount of calories.

And I agree with others, try to compare it to a chain and log that.