How many meals for weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,002 Member
    Options
    Glittzy321 wrote: »
    So read some articles and some were saying eat 3 meals and 1 snack and others were saying eat 6-8 small meals. I’m actually so confused! What’s the best way for fat loss?

Whatever works for you!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I'm new on this forum and I have always been a 1-2 meals a day person, which I know isn't healthy. I'm trying to eat three meals a day and sometimes a snack.

Because of a lifetime of skipping breakfast and usually lunch, my body isn't used to food in the morning. I'm adding breakfast and lunch to my daily habits, and I'm trying to roughly balance my calories between the three meals. So far, dinner is still my biggest meal.

Eating 6 meals a day is what I did several years ago on Medifast. I didn't like it. It seemed to create a food obsession with me. I couldn't wait to get to the next little meal. This time, I'm not doing a diet, but a lifestyle change and I'm trying to plan my meals but not obsess about them.

Why isn't that healthy? If it's your preferred eating schedule, it's absolutely fine. What isn't fine is forcing yourself to eat meals (like breakfast) that you aren't even hungry for. Meal timing is completely irrelevant to weight management. It's all about how many calories you eat in a day, not when you eat them. :)