No control over what I eat :(

Options
The title says it all.. I try hard to control whatever I consume but I always end up buying a sweetened drink or some unhealthy food option 😭 I used to be disciplined but now I seem to have that “it’s ok to have this & that” attitude 😕
Please give some motivation or advice to overcome this hurdle of mine!

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,481 Member
    Options
    Why isn’t it OK and how often does this happen?

There’s a long way between no control and a lapse here and there.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with having a sugary drink or other treat. You can still lose weight and have a healthy diet while incorporating those things. Many people on here who have had long-term success with losing weight and keeping it off find a way to incorporate those treats every day or week. Just account for them, make them fit into your calories and macros, and enjoy.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    You do have control. You just aren't choosing to use it. If a soda will wreck your day, don't buy it. Drink La Croix instead. If 4 ounces of soda can fit into your calorie count, then pour out 4 ounces and give away the rest. I have been like this before with party foods. Chips, dip, etc. The truth is, when I "couldn't control myself," I just didn't want to change. I chose not to. Eventually I decided it was worth giving up, and I've lost 18 lb.
  • bellissimaluna
    bellissimaluna Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My problem is the same....only at night. I do great all day, only to blow it at 9pm by having 10 cookies. The control just requires a conversation with your smart brain. I find that my cookie eating is emotion driven and my brain is on complete standby.....but if i can engage my mind and have a 10 second conversation with myself...like..."wait...what are you doing???" I wont eat the cookies. Just turn your brain on when you see yourself headed for dangerous territories like the fridge, vending machine, etc....after a while, it will become a habit. Good luck!