Net average or calorie weekly goal/daily average

Options
debrag12
debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
edited March 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Can someone please explain these to me:

mjqir076aznx.jpg

Does the above only recognise my calories in?

36qi8jz785qz.jpg

Does the above take into calories in & out?

My average daily TDEE was 2362. I'm over my goal but under my TDEE.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you want to lose weight, you need to be under your TDEE
  • debrag12
    Options

I understand that. I'd like to understand these two screens more that's all.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »

I understand that. I'd like to understand these two screens more that's all.

the first one shows you ate on average 86 calories over goal each day. reducing your deficit for the week by 600 cals.

the second one shows you massively under ate, averaging only 1436 cals per day, increasing your weekly deficit by 2550.

does that help?
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    The first shows what you ate the second shows what you ate - what you earned in calories this is your net you should aim to net your calorie goal or close to
  • debrag12
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    The first shows what you ate the second shows what you ate - what you earned in calories this is your net you should aim to net your calorie goal or close to

thank you. I thought it must have been that.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    angelsja wrote: »

thank you. I thought it must have been that.

sorry, didn't notice that one was net and the other not. i work to net all of the time, as that's how MFP is designed to be used.
  • debrag12
    Options
    Confusing as if I worked to net (which I try to do), I'd go way over my 'goal' in the first screen. I just need to ignore that screen :smiley:
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself this: what would happen if the app (or any other) wasn't available either mobile or for home computer?

Personally I use apps like MFP as a guide and a place to log my food entries, nothing more. I don't stress over the numbers because ultimately the scale becomes the deciding factor.

Weight loss means eating less and exercising more. It's not like a shotgun wedding...it takes time. Adjust your intake and exercise accordingly and you'll never again need an app.

I find a lot of people rely too heavily on tech to aid their weight loss and what they should be doing is listening to their body and mind.