Weekly pizza--how to manage?

Options
2»

Replies

• Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Pre-logging and working back from there is how I do it on pizza night :)
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I'm a serial pre-logger. There are plenty of ways to try and make a single pizza night fit your calories; I think you're on the right track opting to drop the alcohol as empty liquid calories. Make sure the pizza has some meat on it for a protein source and I wouldn't worry about it much; especially if allowing yourself the leeway helps with your overall compliance.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    don't add the salad just to feel better about the night. the dressing will wreck your day! just have a slice or two of pizza!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I would not give it up if it’s something you enjoy. I have a night out weekly that I am able to plan for. That night out is good for my emotional well being and helps me feel less restricted. I also think learning to work these types of events in will serve you well once you reach maintenance.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I don't/can't/won't cook. I'm really time poor, I'm bad at it and I don't like to do it so I choose to eat prepared or take away foods for dinner pretty much every night

On a usual week my dinners will be:
    pizza (yep, a whole pizza) x3
    Burger/Kebab/Take away meal x1-2
    "Man Size" frozen dinners x2-3

All of these meals are between 750 - 850 calories.

I am able to do this because I save most of my calories for dinner (I'm rarely hungry during the day), so easily have enough calories for my dinner and even some left over for a few fun size chocolate bars for desert.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,326 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    +1 Preplan/ prelog

Had half of a pizza and dessert pie still under my cal intake for the day.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Yes, through out my whole loss phase I pre-logged special planned meals and events and then I could plan my week around it so I maintained my deficit without missing out
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I pre-logged it for two pieces of pepperoni pizza and a glass of wine. I'll work backwards from there. Yesterday was a huge calorie deficit for me and I was going to "save" them for Saturday, but MFP wouldn't let me log that few calories so I ate an ounce of walnuts to bring it up. Also, I just got a food scale yesterday, so I'll be weighing my foods more and guessing less.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Pizza isn't too bad calorie wise, depending on where you get it! I usually eat 2 pieces of pizza and it's around 600-800 calories which for dinner, especially after being really active all day, is really reasonable. Enjoy
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I pre-logged it for two pieces of pepperoni pizza and a glass of wine. I'll work backwards from there. Yesterday was a huge calorie deficit for me and I was going to "save" them for Saturday, but MFP wouldn't let me log that few calories so I ate an ounce of walnuts to bring it up. Also, I just got a food scale yesterday, so I'll be weighing my foods more and guessing less.

MFP doesn't stop you logging it, it just won't post that you've completed your diary on your news feed
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What I do, If I know I will be eating pizza at night, I adjust the days meals to compensate. I drop my carbs and fat, only eat protein. That way, it all stays the same.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,899 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with a couple of pieces of pizza as a meal.

You may want to fluff it up with a salad, assuming you have resolved any dressing issues (I enjoy a tomato, onion, and... garlic pickle salad with just a bit of balsamic vinegar)

Realistically, as long as you don't dive into half the pizza AND the bottle of wine, the worse that will happen is a maintenance calorie day... i.e. slightly slower overall weight loss.

To me that's a good thing, actually.

Plus, as a re-feed food, pizza is not bad, maybe just a touch high in terms of fat if you do pepperoni or plain cheese.

You do have to be prepared for a couple of days of potential water retention.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP-I have had the same problem for years. My husband, very thin, loves pizza and we go out to a pizzaria at least once a week. Problem is, he can never finish his pizza. He would like me to eat half. On top of my own. I used to argue with him EVERY week and it ruined my outing. I had to rethink everything and came up with the salad for me, and only 1/4 to 1/3 of his pizza + half of a desert. It works, although he still tries to sneak in half a pizza on me. Instead of arguing, I've learned to eat my portion and just leave the rest (he will then finish it). Do not give up things you love--you will just resent dieting. Learn to find a way. I was a dumb bunny for a long time.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I have pizza probably once a week. Thin crust cheese or veggie. One or two slices and always with a salad or other veggie side dish. Once every few months I'll have some kind of meat on the pizza but the good ones are so full of sodium it's difficult.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hi, I go on Petfinder and Adopt-a-Pet every day. I am looking for a female rescue dog who is 10 lbs. or less, hyper-allergenic and I need her to be already trained on a wee-wee pad. Our dog passed in the Spring of 2018 and when we adopted her 16 years earlier through Petfinder. When we got her, she was trained on a pad and it worked perfectly for her and us. You wouldn't know of such a sweet healthy young dog available? Thank you.