Tracking Net Carbs with MFP

Options
I have been using Carb Manager for a few days trying to track my Net Carbs, the problem is that the food list are very restricted to US products and I’m in Europe. Can I change the settings on MFP so that I can track my NET Carbs and not total carbs?

Replies

• wjessie77
    wjessie77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    No, that's not a feature. You can search the database here for items that include "net carbs" in the title, as many folks in Europe have created food items that way as that's what is on the label. Also, you can set up your food diary so that carbs and fiber are right next to each other and then just do the subtraction in your head.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    I thought most food labels in Europe already reflect net carbs? Just use MFP database entries that match your food labels.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    "the problem is that the food list are very restricted to US products and I’m in Europe."

European Union food labelling is net carbs.

Unless you are importing a load of American products you don't actually have a problem to fix.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I thought most food labels in Europe already reflect net carbs? Just use MFP database entries that match your food labels.
    sijomial wrote: »
    "the problem is that the food list are very restricted to US products and I’m in Europe."

European Union food labelling is net carbs.

Unless you are importing a load of American products you don't actually have a problem to fix.

Yes, these. Track the numbers from your packaged foods and from European sources for whole foods and it will be net already.