How many calories should you be burning daily.

Options
How many calories should be burnt daily. I know the recommended intake allowance but can’t seem to find any recommended daily allowance for calories burnt.

Replies

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    What do you mean? Calories burnt via living, or via cardiovascular exercise? You can exercise none, as long as you are sticking to the calories you're allowed to intake.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean? This was posted in the maintenance forum, so I assume your goal is to maintain weight. Your intake and calories out should ideally be the same in maintenance. There is no specific recommended amount. It is all individual. It depends on your age, height, weight, gender, activity level, and exercise levels. Some people need thousands more calories to maintain than others.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    There is no number of calories you "should" burn. There are recommended daily exercise minimums for good health: https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/fitness/fitness-basics/aha-recs-for-physical-activity-in-adults
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How many calories should be burnt daily. I know the recommended intake allowance but can’t seem to find any recommended daily allowance for calories burnt.

There isn't one. You burn calories just by being alive.

It's recommended you exercise 150 minutes per week.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure about “should” since it varies per person, but I do a minimum of 500 active calories a day on top of my 1500 BMR. So if I eat at (or around) 2000, that’s maintenance.