Calculating TDEE on Apple Watch

Options
I want to make sure I’m calculating this correctly. To get my TDEE I would add my resting energy with my active energy correct? That would be 2148 and then subtract 500. I then would need to eat at 1648 a day to lose 1 pound a week. I’m currently eating 1500 a day and while I dont feel hungry I just want to make sure I’m fueling my body enough.

I have my activity level set at lightly active losing 1 pound a week. On days I’m not as active I will eat at 1300 calories. I’m also not eating back my exercise calories as a lot of my steps I take a day are during exercise as of right now. Once the weather stays warm my steps will be more like 20 to 25k.

I’ve been debating on setting my activity level to sedentary at losing 1 pound a week. Which would put me close to 1300 calories a day and then at that time eat back 50 to 75% of my exercise calories. I need to lose about 40 pounds.

59ypo1ydax0k.png

Replies

• panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yes that is correct, you can also look at your total calories burned for the day, to do that you swipe under the move section of your activity app cepjz83x0pyf.png
  • alid8333
    alid8333 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Lol I didn’t even think of that 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Yes that is correct, you can also look at your total calories burned for the day, to do that you swipe under the move section of your activity app cepjz83x0pyf.png

• alid8333
    Options
    I just put my settings to sedentary at losing 1 pound per week and will eat back 50 to 75% of my exercise calories. I did it that way back in 2017 and managed to lose 45 pounds. I just wanted to make sure I was calculating my TDEE correctly from my Apple Watch so I can make sure my net calories are where they should be according to my Apple Watch.

this is how i been doing it. use apple watch calories total ( resting and active ) and from there, pick a number of deficit ( or surplus ) i want and enter it in MFP. i don't log my workouts or steps on mfp, cause theres no need. just remain within the green and ur good.

• wordsmith136
    wordsmith136 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do I change my activity levels from lightly active to sedentary on my apple watch? I can’t figure it out for the life of me. Thank you!
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    How do I change my activity levels from lightly active to sedentary on my apple watch? I can’t figure it out for the life of me. Thank you!

You change it on MFP not the watch.

• alid8333
    Options
    You can’t change it on the watch just MFP.