Pull-ups or chin-ups challenge (any level)

Options
_nikkiwolf_
_nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
Anybody here who would like to learn how to do pull-ups (or chin-ups)? Or can already do them, but would like to incorporate them into their training more regularly and improve?
I'm in the "want to learn how to do pull-ups"-category, and thought it would be nice to find a few like-minded people for exchange, accountability and motivation :smile:

When and how? I would suggest a time for ~6 weeks (until then end of April).
Everyone can pick their own goal, and then check-in here after each training or at least once per week to see how it's going.

Who's in?

----

If you don't know how to start, here are a few resources on progressions and training programs:

Replies

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Since two days ago, I am finally the proud owner of a pull-up bar in my apartment, so no more excuses!

I want to learn how to do pull-ups. Or maybe chin-ups first, since they are supposed to be a bit easier, since they put more emphasis on the arms rather than the back muscles.
    My goal is to be able to do 1 full unassisted pull-up by the end of April.

Starting point: I tried a flexed-arm hang (with underhand/"chin-up" grip) first and found I could hold it for 20s. Next I tried negative chin-ups and found I could do 7 (but the last two with deteriorating form). I then did a few more sets of 5 chin-up negatives.
    I want to try the same flexed-arm hang and negatives with pull-up rather than chin-up tonight, and if I'm also able to do a handful of those, alternate both grips in training. If I completely fail at them, I'll stick to chin-up grip only for a bit :sweat_smile: