Fage yogurt is it good

Options
13»

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I feel so all alone in the world right now. I really, really do not like Jello sugar free pudding. I am fine with the taste of artificial sweeteners, but there is something about it in the pudding that's just not right.

I've tried. I remember reading about the pudding mix/yogurt trick ages ago and getting all excited.

All I was left with was bitter disappointment and faint nausea. :p

I like all the Fage's better than Chiobani. I think Fage has a smoother flavor and better texture. I only ever eat the plain.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    Went to the store, bought sugar free instant cheesecake pudding, mixed with greek yogurt. It is currently in my freezer. I cannot wait to try this new treat!

I can't eat greek yogurt without a bunch of splenda in it. I wonder if the cheesecake flavor would counteract the souriness of the yogurt (altho sugar free so.....). I know my protein powder doesn't.

I usually put a single packet of splenda in about 6oz of yogurt - I like it fairly tart. To me the pudding made it bitter due to the artificial sweetener. I can't taste it with Splenda, but I did with the pudding. I'll stick with just Splenda.

Anyone want a partially used package of pudding? 😂🤣
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Plain 0% Fage has been a lifesaver for me as far as hitting my protein macro. The local Costco has the big tubs for a little less money...but, to be honest I like the flavor of the 0% Chobani better. It's less thick but more creamy, if that makes sense. Also, I was never a big yogurt eater before I started trying to lose weight, but now that I have been eating more of it I think I have decided that Nancy's Probiotic is my favorite. I just can't get the Greek-style version here.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I feel so all alone in the world right now. I really, really do not like Jello sugar free pudding. I am fine with the taste of artificial sweeteners, but there is something about it in the pudding that's just not right.

I've tried. I remember reading about the pudding mix/yogurt trick ages ago and getting all excited.

All I was left with was bitter disappointment and faint nausea. :p

I like all the Fage's better than Chiobani. I think Fage has a smoother flavor and better texture. I only ever eat the plain.

Thing is you don't need an entire serving of the pudding (cheesecake, regular with sugar) - I mix 100g of Fage 2% with 9g of pudding mix. Per serving it's not that bad. 9g is only 38 calories, 9 carbs. It is just the right amount of sweet for me. Granted, I'm putting walnuts and berries with it.

:wink:
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    Went to the store, bought sugar free instant cheesecake pudding, mixed with greek yogurt. It is currently in my freezer. I cannot wait to try this new treat!

I can't eat greek yogurt without a bunch of splenda in it. I wonder if the cheesecake flavor would counteract the souriness of the yogurt (altho sugar free so.....). I know my protein powder doesn't.

My snack was very sweet-though that was probably more due to the cookies and banana I added, vs the pudding mix lol. I did a half serving of the mini Nilla cookies with one small banana, sliced, and then I just shook some of the pudding mix in, there's a lot left in the packet so probably around 1/4th packet (didn't bother measuring with it being so low calories). I used Chobani's 0% fat Greek yogurt, which I don't think is to sour even on its own?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    for those that don't like the sourness of yogurt...i find siggis is less sour