Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Fitbit

luaP852350luaP852350 Posts: 74Member Member Posts: 74Member Member
Who's got what ? Total novice to healthy eating an exercise so don't need all the bells an whistles but needs to be waterproof 👍

Replies

  • Talan79Talan79 Posts: 521Member Member Posts: 521Member Member
    I have the Fitbit Flex 2. Very basic. I didn’t want a big bulky thing on my wrist. This is the most slim one that they have.
  • TomFit18TomFit18 Posts: 1,856Member Member Posts: 1,856Member Member
    Fitbit Blaze
  • luaP852350luaP852350 Posts: 74Member Member Posts: 74Member Member
    Talan79 wrote: »
    I have the Fitbit Flex 2. Very basic. I didn’t want a big bulky thing on my wrist. This is the most slim one that they have.

    Thanks ! I'll look that one up 👍
  • luaP852350luaP852350 Posts: 74Member Member Posts: 74Member Member
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Fitbit Blaze

    Thanks! I'll look that one up 👍
  • jnomadicajnomadica Posts: 89Member Member Posts: 89Member Member
    I have the Charge 3 and like it a lot. Based on my data the calories burned estimate seems quite accurate.
  • MaxematicsMaxematics Posts: 1,962Member Member Posts: 1,962Member Member
    I have a Charge 2 and love it, but I did just order the new Inspire HR. I wanted to try it because it claims it has an even more accurate calorie burn than prior Fitbit models. Even though my Charge 2's estimates have been spot on, I want to see what the Inspire says out of curiosity.
  • autumnblade75autumnblade75 Posts: 1,126Member Member Posts: 1,126Member Member
    Are you polling for popularity or looking for a suggestion? I've got a Charge 2, but the Charge HR was fine, as well. I think you could just select for style from their current models if your only consideration is that you want to swim with it. I don't think any of their models is fully waterproof, but they are supporting all of their current trackers as "swimproof." I'd probably get the Charge 3 if forced to upgrade today - because the Inspire HR, which looks better sized to my tiny wrists, doesn't count floors. The Versa and Ionic both look bigger and do more tech stuff (that I don't really care about) but also cost more.
  • luaP852350luaP852350 Posts: 74Member Member Posts: 74Member Member
    jnomadica wrote: »
    I have the Charge 3 and like it a lot. Based on my data the calories burned estimate seems quite accurate.

    I was just looking at the Charge 3 not sure it might be a bit over kill for me 🤔 👍
  • luaP852350luaP852350 Posts: 74Member Member Posts: 74Member Member
    Maxematics wrote: »
    I have a Charge 2 and love it, but I did just order the new Inspire HR. I wanted to try it because it claims it has an even more accurate calorie burn than prior Fitbit models. Even though my Charge 2's estimates have been spot on, I want to see what the Inspire says out of curiosity.

    Thanks for that 👍
  • MaxematicsMaxematics Posts: 1,962Member Member Posts: 1,962Member Member
    Are you polling for popularity or looking for a suggestion? I've got a Charge 2, but the Charge HR was fine, as well. I think you could just select for style from their current models if your only consideration is that you want to swim with it. I don't think any of their models is fully waterproof, but they are supporting all of their current trackers as "swimproof." I'd probably get the Charge 3 if forced to upgrade today - because the Inspire HR, which looks better sized to my tiny wrists, doesn't count floors. The Versa and Ionic both look bigger and do more tech stuff (that I don't really care about) but also cost more.

    I noticed that and I thought it was odd but then I read about how people have been reporting that the Charge 3 and Versa give inflated floor counts. I figure the Inspire HR's lack of floor counting is them acknowledging the issue hence the "more accurate calorie burn" but I can't be certain.
  • jnomadicajnomadica Posts: 89Member Member Posts: 89Member Member
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Are you polling for popularity or looking for a suggestion? I've got a Charge 2, but the Charge HR was fine, as well. I think you could just select for style from their current models if your only consideration is that you want to swim with it. I don't think any of their models is fully waterproof, but they are supporting all of their current trackers as "swimproof." I'd probably get the Charge 3 if forced to upgrade today - because the Inspire HR, which looks better sized to my tiny wrists, doesn't count floors. The Versa and Ionic both look bigger and do more tech stuff (that I don't really care about) but also cost more.

    I noticed that and I thought it was odd but then I read about how people have been reporting that the Charge 3 and Versa give inflated floor counts. I figure the Inspire HR's lack of floor counting is them acknowledging the issue hence the "more accurate calorie burn" but I can't be certain.

    I think the floor count is inflated, as it counts a lot of floors for my mildly hilly walks. But the calories burned estimate has been spot on for me.

  • autumnblade75autumnblade75 Posts: 1,126Member Member Posts: 1,126Member Member
    jnomadica wrote: »
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Are you polling for popularity or looking for a suggestion? I've got a Charge 2, but the Charge HR was fine, as well. I think you could just select for style from their current models if your only consideration is that you want to swim with it. I don't think any of their models is fully waterproof, but they are supporting all of their current trackers as "swimproof." I'd probably get the Charge 3 if forced to upgrade today - because the Inspire HR, which looks better sized to my tiny wrists, doesn't count floors. The Versa and Ionic both look bigger and do more tech stuff (that I don't really care about) but also cost more.

    I noticed that and I thought it was odd but then I read about how people have been reporting that the Charge 3 and Versa give inflated floor counts. I figure the Inspire HR's lack of floor counting is them acknowledging the issue hence the "more accurate calorie burn" but I can't be certain.

    I think the floor count is inflated, as it counts a lot of floors for my mildly hilly walks. But the calories burned estimate has been spot on for me.

    Hills, you say? Like, a certain amount of upward movement? I don't know if it's accurate, but I like to earn achievements. I spent a day walking up and down my single flight of stairs with a switchback (split-level ranch) to earn some pixels.
  • lx1xlx1x Posts: 3,515Member Member Posts: 3,515Member Member
    jnomadica wrote: »
    I have the Charge 3 and like it a lot. Based on my data the calories burned estimate seems quite accurate.

    Same here...
  • autumnblade75autumnblade75 Posts: 1,126Member Member Posts: 1,126Member Member
    luaP852350 wrote: »
    jnomadica wrote: »
    I have the Charge 3 and like it a lot. Based on my data the calories burned estimate seems quite accurate.

    I was just looking at the Charge 3 not sure it might be a bit over kill for me 🤔 👍

    It's more than I need, too, but they don't seem to make one that does only what I need and nothing more.

    The Inspire may have been enough before, but now that I have earned some, but not all, of the Floors-based achievements, I wouldn't be satisfied. OTOH, I notice they sell a clip for it, so you don't have to wear it as a watch... That may or may not be a trade I'd be willing to make.

  • 33gail3333gail33 Posts: 139Member Member Posts: 139Member Member
    I have the Alta HR and it is NOT waterproof. :( I don't really swim so not a huge issue for me - I don't know how it will be for kayaking in the summer, but I assume splashes will be OK. It also doesn't count floors, so if I were to buy one I would probably go for the Charge 3 instead. (Mine was a gift so I can't really complain too much :) )
    The nice thing about the Alta is that it is small and unobtrusive enough that I pretty much wear it all the time . But the Charge isn't huge either.
  • luaP852350luaP852350 Posts: 74Member Member Posts: 74Member Member
    Are you polling for popularity or looking for a suggestion? I've got a Charge 2, but the Charge HR was fine, as well. I think you could just select for style from their current models if your only consideration is that you want to swim with it. I don't think any of their models is fully waterproof, but they are supporting all of their current trackers as "swimproof." I'd probably get the Charge 3 if forced to upgrade today - because the Inspire HR, which looks better sized to my tiny wrists, doesn't count floors. The Versa and Ionic both look bigger and do more tech stuff (that I don't really care about) but also cost more.

    Suggestions really as there are lots of helpful people on here 👍
  • autumnblade75autumnblade75 Posts: 1,126Member Member Posts: 1,126Member Member
    luaP852350 wrote: »
    Are you polling for popularity or looking for a suggestion? I've got a Charge 2, but the Charge HR was fine, as well. I think you could just select for style from their current models if your only consideration is that you want to swim with it. I don't think any of their models is fully waterproof, but they are supporting all of their current trackers as "swimproof." I'd probably get the Charge 3 if forced to upgrade today - because the Inspire HR, which looks better sized to my tiny wrists, doesn't count floors. The Versa and Ionic both look bigger and do more tech stuff (that I don't really care about) but also cost more.

    Suggestions really as there are lots of helpful people on here 👍

    I mean, yeah, I figured - but a couple of responses mentioned the Blaze, which is more watch than the Charge 3, and no longer available (except maybe as a refurbished model). I hope you manage to find a good choice that's still available.

    If old models are still on the table, and you really think the Charge 3 is too much watch, you could look for the original Charge. I have a spare Charge HR lying around here somewhere - it still worked when my husband bought me the Charge 2. It's the smaller size and orange, if you, or some other interested party popping into the thread, is interested - make me an offer.
Sign In or Register to comment.