My Day Fasting Success!

Options
BabyGyrlGraves
BabyGyrlGraves Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Hello MyFitnessPal Community!

I am about to start week 4 of day fasting. What does that mean do you ask? I am basically doing a daily 24 hour fast. I am fasting from after dinner to dinner the next day and only drink water during the day (tons of water). The results I am seeing have been tremendous. I am down a total of 12 pounds but the most impressive thing I see is a change in the composition of my body. My stomach area fat has decreased significantly and my face is slimmer.

The tricks I have found is getting through the first 2 days mentally. The hunger pains are real as your body has just gotten used to eating multiple times a day. Additionally, you need to be careful about the types of food you eat while breaking your fast. You don't want your body to have excess fat that it begin to store it thinking you will need it for later. Lastly, I have integrated a cardio workout 3-4 times a week to add additional caloric burn (and allow me to have a couple cocktails at night :wink: )

My main goals for this lifestyle is to decrease my caloric intake (weight loss) and to gain mental toughness and fortitude. I plan on doing this for another 3 weeks (completing my baseline of 6 total weeks) and then I will transition to a 16:8 fasting cycle (only eating lunch and dinner) for 6 more weeks. My scale goal is to lose a total of 30 pounds and several inches and long term maintain my new weight.

I hope this helps someone in their fitness journey!

Kristyn

Replies

• Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how you can eat 1500 calories worth of lean meat and vegetables in one go?!? That is a massive amount!
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    The word “fasting” is a good way to get a thread locked. And for good reason.