Isagenix 2013

Options
Hi All!

I'm trying the Isagenix 9 day cleanse. I know (cleanses are bad blah blah). It was something suggested by a friend and I got sucked into it. I'm on day Day 3. So far the cleanse days arent killing me but ask me tomorrow and I'm sure my answer will be different.

My question for you MFP family is this-
1. Has anyone treid Isagenix recently?
2-3.The shakes are disgusting in my opionon but I havent seen any reviews where that is the general consensus, If its just me, what can i do to make them better?!

I'm not looking to drop 20 pounds in 9 days, I 'm just hoping this will give me a boost to reach my goal for the month (which i have already met). FYI I work out regularly and use MFP everyday. Yesterday I said no to a cupcake. :)

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    suggested because they probably sell it.

I would run away.
  • cbush0315
    Options
    I've been doing Isagenix for a few months and I have found that adding frozen fruit or getting their isafruits or ionix supreme really helped with the flavor. Also, I am not sure which flavor(s) you have tried, but I really like the creamy french vanilla by itself, and the isalean PRO creamy french vanilla is even better (the PRO has a little bit more protein in it and it's 40 calories more than the isalean. great for pre/post workouts). Hope that helps!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Yesterday I said no to a cupcake. :)
    I say yes to a Klondike every night.

General consensus on MFP about all these types of products is... overpriced MLM scheme. I personally thing you are better off tracking calories alone and educating yourself on trigger foods (that you have).
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    So, you got suckered in; you don't like the taste; you know cleanses are worthless... and yet you are still taking it?

Grow a pair and tell this "friend" NO!
  • thefragile7393
    thefragile7393 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have no problems with stuff like this...I myself do Visalus (and NO I don't sell it!), I can't afford Isagenix, but I have tried and like their stuff. However what matters is you re-learn eating habits and learn about healthy foods and portions because once you stop, the weight can come back. I would try fruits and a diff shake as well, and I wouldn't do the cleanse necessarily, just the weight loss stuff.