Finally fed up with my weight !!

Hey ! I’m Kennedy. I’m 20 years old and I’ve been overweight most of my life. I’ve tried “diets” here and there over the years but never really had the motivation to actually do something. I recently went to the doctors and they said I was 310lbs. It definitely scared me. I’m here and ready to get myself together before it’s too late. Friends/Motivational partners welcome ! <3

Replies

• pastime1
    pastime1 Posts: 1 Member
    Kennediddy my wife and I was in the same place as you about a year ago. We were fed up and hated the way we looked in photos to the point that we decided it was time to change. We statred using my fitiness pal to document our food intake, along with a fitness traker, and a food scale. I lost 60 pounds in the last 12 months and my wife lost 50 pounds. You can do it. You just have to want it bad enough. The only excercise I did was walking. You can do it I know you can.
  • daniel_philippe
    daniel_philippe Posts: 48 Member
    Hi Kennedy,
    I understand how you feel. I can personally relate to being overweight a good part of my life, but I have done something to change that and you definitely can to. It is never too late to start! I have sent you a friend request.
  • petrina_downer
    petrina_downer Posts: 11 Member
    This exactly how I feel
  • rkayonly
    rkayonly Posts: 1 Member
    I had lost a good deal last year for a dream vacation but then I fell back into old patterns and put most of it back on. Sooo now I'm back at it. I was doing the keto thing and plateaued and started looking for help. That's how I discover last year that my health Insurance covers six visits to a nutritionist. That was really helpful. She told me what foods I should be choosing. She set my daily calorie goal higher than I had been consuming and told me to focus on whole foods. The trick for me to feel my best is whole grains and no fake sweeteners.