edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all

According to my scales in the past 5 weeks my weight has gone
145lbs
146.lbs
146.4lbs
145lbs
148lbs

The last week was my best week in terms if watching what i ate and ive managed to gain 3lbs!!??

Now i know a lot of you are gonna say 'oh you've just put on muscle' - i know for a fact i havnt - i havnt eaten enough for it to be muscle.

so my question is, can anybody suggest how this has happened? i worked out twice this week burning 480cals on tue and 360cals on thursday - ive eaten around 1200-1600 a day (1600 is mainentance for me)

(also my food diary doesnt show what ive eaten - it was what i planned to eat)

Katie

Replies

• Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Could it be water retaining? Do you eat things with much sodium in it? Is it your TOM? Could it be that you don't drink enough?
    If it can't be muscles and you're sure you ate healthy and it's not fat, it could only be water. If even this can't be for whatever reason, I would suggest you go and see a doc tor. Get checked if you are allergic to certain foods. Sometimes this can cause problems. And most people aren't even aware that they have a food allergy.
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    That is a possibility - ive never drank enough water - i have about 1ltr a day atm but am trying to increase it, its not my TOM and that never really has an effect on my weight, and ive only had one really salty meal this week and that was my Japanese soup ramen which i had yesterday for lunch

x
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Then you just have to drink more ... much more! LOL Take it slow and get used to drinking that much water. But I suggest you give it a try. It sounds kinda strange, but the more water you will drink, the more water you will lose.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Hi all

According to my scales in the past 5 weeks my weight has gone
    145lbs
    146.lbs
    146.4lbs
    145lbs
    148lbs

The last week was my best week in terms if watching what i ate and ive managed to gain 3lbs!!??

Now i know a lot of you are gonna say 'oh you've just put on muscle' - i know for a fact i havnt - i havnt eaten enough for it to be muscle.

so my question is, can anybody suggest how this has happened? i worked out twice this week burning 480cals on tue and 360cals on thursday - ive eaten around 1200-1600 a day (1600 is mainentance for me)

(also my food diary doesnt show what ive eaten - it was what i planned to eat)

Katie

If 1600 calories is maintenance for you, it would be no good eating 1600 calories to lose the weight.

You would need to be in a deficit of 3500 calories to lose just 1lb. Plan your eating and drinking to only be 1200 calories per day and then see what happens after two weeks. Some people eat their exercise calories, others eat only some of them, some people do not eat them.

If anybody tells you to eat more calories to lose the weight, think carefully, if you cannot lose weight on the amount of calories you are consuming now, what good will it do to increase them.

Totally up to you :smile:
This discussion has been closed.