Post partum - the struggle is real

Options
Hi ya.

I had my bundle of joy in December. Two days after delivery I had dropped the baby weight (I only put on 11lb throughout pregnancy) however since then I am struggling - my shape has completely changed and any tone I once had has been replaced by squish!!!! I’m Struggling with exercising (managing 2 sessions a week if I’m lucky and organised), breastfeeding has me ravenous and let’s not even talk about the night time exhaustion. Anyone else out there who wants to tackle the jiggle and offer receive support along the way? Please add from one momma to another!!

Replies

• Helenkirakosyan1
    Helenkirakosyan1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello ,
    Had my baby girl on October 18 and still struggling with weight and body image. Gained a lot this time around (50pounds) , lost 26 pounds first month but gained back 6 pounds after that . Tried every diet out there no change .
  • MsDollyDimple
    MsDollyDimple Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Well done on the low though. It’s not easy that’s for sure. Do you have a game plan?
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    @MsDollyDimple hello! I didn't even start thinking about getting back into shape until my second child was 6 months old. I had two kids in less than two years.
    Just the fact that you are wanting to exercise and eat right is fabulous. Remember to keep those calories up for the milk supply. Maybe try some yoga or another exercise you can do while the baby is with you. Or pick up some quick HIIT while the baby naps. Short spurts work wonders.
    If you have a significant other then use him/her to watch the baby while you get your 1/2 hour of exercise in.
    I wake my husband each morning to start getting ready for the day while I go out and run in the neighborhood. It's my me time and with 2 under 2 I need all I can get.
    Good luck!
  • EmiFry3
    EmiFry3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! 6(almost) weeks post partum here! I understand your struggles 100%! I started my fitness journey before getting pregnant and I really want to get back to exercising daily because I truly love it! It is just so hard to do with a newborn!

Anyone feel free to add me! I always love new friends!