How much did you lose and how long did it take?

Options
13»

Replies

• mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    40 pounds in 10 months, so over the whole time a pound a week. It bounced a lot but came off a little faster at the end and a little slower at the end.
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    LOL, I'm down about 30 pounds total over 6 years since my highest weight in recent memory. I lost 10 lbs slowly over 3-4 years, then last year I got serious and am down more 20 lbs. I am aiming for another 10-15 lbs to get to the lower end of my BMI.
  • csy108
    csy108 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    39.5lbs Dec. 2016 through Sept. 2017. 7lbs Oct. 2017 through June 2018. 31.4lbs July 2018 through Mar. 19, 2019. I've obviously fluctuated with how seriously I've tried to hit a calorie deficit for months at a time. The only thing I've always been consistent with is logging calories. I've done it every day since Dec. 19, 2016. In the past six months I've finally developed some more consistent habits with lifting weights and, eventually, walking/running. I'm 36 and currently at my lowest weight and best cardiovascular shape since literally elementary school.
  • no1elseislikeme
    no1elseislikeme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I didn’t technically need to lose weight. I’m female, 5’6 and I was 144. I carried it well though (blessed with a legit hourglass figure) and I didn’t look that heavy. I was on the high end of a healthy weight and BMI for my height and gender. And I was concerned about that high end turning into overweight. And I’ve got a scary history of cardiovascular problems in my family. And to be quite honest, I wanted a flat stomach and thinner thighs and to be able to wear a smaller size and tighter clothes. So, I started losing weight in 2017. And it took me about a year and a half to go from 144 to 119. I just did the half pound a week option. And I lost most of the weight I wanted to lose first. And then I lost the last 3 pounds when I got a bad case of the flu in November. And I started working out daily that month. And except for a recent minor weight gain of 3 pounds, which I’m actively working to lose, I have successfully kept it off. And I’m down 1 pound already.
  • Kfrase83
    Kfrase83 Posts: 42 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Starting in August 2014 I lost 21 pounds in 8 months, the next 4 pounds took 5 months!
    Then pregnant very close to goal weight, had a long breastfeeding journey and lost the majority of the babyweight and tried losing the last 17 pounds in June 2017, 14 pounds took a full year and was 3 away from pre-baby weight. Sooo close!
    Then pregnant again, miscarriage at 12 weeks, and steadily gaining for the past 6 months. :(