Foods Low in Sugar?

Options
I’ve been really good about staying under my calorie goal and protein goal, but I eat lots of fruits so I’m having a hard time staying under my sugar goal. What foods are low in sugar?
TIA!

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a medical reason to avoid sugar, I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless the fruit is also making it difficult for you to stick to your calorie goal. Most recommendations out there are about added sugar.

The beauty of logging accurately and consistently here is you get used to looking at all the numbers. So keep logging, and if you feel like you are eating too much sugar and it's pushing good stuff out of your diet, look back at your logs and see where all the sugar is coming from. Then go from there.

With the spring starting to show up, I look forward to going over my sugar goal with lots of fresh yummy fruit soon! For me personally, as long as I make sure I hit my protein and fiber goals (and there's fiber in fruit!) I know I'll still feel great at the right calorie level.
  • christianclovers
    christianclovers Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    Yes, I don't eat a lot of foods with added sugar, and don't worry about the intrinsic sugar in fruit, veg, and dairy, so swapped out Sugar (and Sodium) for Fiber and Iron, which are more important for me to track.