Ideas for an Average Day Menu please?

Options
msindie20
msindie20 Posts: 13 Member
Anyone like to share some of their ideas for an average daily menu around 1450 cals? 😁

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I'm not sure how that would be helpful. We probably love different foods and may have different nutrient requirements.

Here's what I ate today:
    Breakfast was overnight oats with coconut, chocolate chips, walnuts, Greek yogurt and milk. Plus one cup of tea with milk and sugar.

Lunch was a bento box from Tokyo Joe's with salmon, spicy tuna rolls and a salad. Also a V8.

Dinner will be clam strips, coleslaw and some other veggie plus 2 glasses of wine.

Snack may be more Greek yogurt depending on where my protein falls.

I eat a pescatarian diet. And let me add that this will be about 1850 calories at the end of the day.
  • Kitsgirl2
    Kitsgirl2 Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    My are 1420 calories a day. Today was Breakfast, 1/2 cup blueberries with 1/2 cup cottage cheese. Lunch was 3.5 oz chicken breast with 1/2 cup of rice with cilantro and 1/2 tbsp tamari. Snack was 4.5 oz green seedless grapes with 1oz cheddar cheese. Dinner tonight is 5oz of salmon with lemon dill sauce and 1/2 cup pasta, 1 cup broccoli and 2tbsp fresh parmesan cheese. Snack tonight will be Belsoy Dark chocolate pudding (so good!)

On the weekend I try to have a hot breakfast and have a light lunch so I can have a really nice dinner as sometimes we go out and don't want to go over my calories. Saturday have one soft boiled egg with one slice GF toast and another toast (70 cal) with 1 tbsp peanut butter. Lunch was 5 tbsp Trader Joe's Mediterranean hummus with 2 carrots made into carrot sticks. One cup of tomato soup. Dinner was 260gm of meat curry, 1 cup of cauliflower (so it was like rice for the curry), 1 cup of broccoli, 125 gm of yogurt raita for the curry. I had about 350 calories for dessert as someone was bringing it but only ended up having a 1.5" square of carrot cake. Nice treat and know it wasn't 350 calories but was nice to have the treat within the calorie count.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you want more. :)
  • msindie20
    msindie20 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know we all have different nutritional needs etc but just fab to see some different ideas for a day! Thanks y'all 😉.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I eat a wide variety of stuff, so there is no "average" day. But this is my 1,450ish day today:

Breakfast: Granola with almond milk

Lunch: Spicy grits, orange, Clif nut butter bar

Dinner: Soba noodles with peanut sauce, broccoli, cabbage, red bell pepper, and pickled onions

Snack: Skittles
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    There is a thread in the Food and Nutrition section titled "What We are Eating" where people post their daily meals, so that might be of interest to you. I will probably be around 1500 calories today.
    Breakfast was rolled oats with chocolate whey protein powder, dried cherries and shredded coconut and coffee. Lunch will be leftover boiled cabbage and potatoes with some lean corned beef.
    Afternoon snack is low fat cottage cheese and kiwis
    Dinner is quinoa and spinach cakes with eggs (skinnytaste.com recipe)
    I will also have a few pieces of Hershey's miniature chocolates throughout the day