Night time eater

Options
I intermittent fast and was thinking of moving my eating window to 3pm-11pm but I've heard eating right before bed makes you gain weight.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You are nursing right? Just be very careful mixing IF with breastfeeding... the two can be a bad combination for milk supply for many women. Keep an eye on your supply especially during baby growth spurts.

Also it's about overall calories. Eating right before bed will not cause weight gain unless you are in a surplus.
  • jnayah98
    jnayah98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    You are nursing right? Just be very careful mixing IF with breastfeeding... the two can be a bad combination for milk supply for many women. Keep an eye on your supply especially during baby growth spurts.

Also it's about overall calories. Eating right before bed will not cause weight gain unless you are in a surplus.

Yes I am breastfeeding. I had a former eating disorder so my mind is always on losing weight and IF has allowed me to feel like I'm dieting but I need to remember to eat enough...it's been hard. My mind's not right
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    jnayah98 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »

Yes I am breastfeeding. I had a former eating disorder so my mind is always on losing weight and IF has allowed me to feel like I'm dieting but I need to remember to eat enough...it's been hard. My mind's not right

Tread very carefully. Did you receive treatment and have someone to talk to if feelings resurface? Focus on feeding your little one first and foremost.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    There only way eating late at night can cause weight gain is if you don't eat all day and build up to much hunger, and then binge. Some people have that problem, but it isn't actually the night eating causing the weight gain. And for most people in here, we're already tracking our calories, so you probably don't need to worry about it. :smile: