Survived Vacation!

Options
ecmorgan101
ecmorgan101 Posts: 24 Member
I've lost over 30 pounds the last couple months, and decided I wasn't going to sweat the food while on vacation in Europe for ten days.

I was stunned to come home today and I weighed 2 pounds less than the day I left!

I didn't track my food at all (breaking a 60-something day streak here), but knew I'd be walking A LOT and would try to at least jog some. And looking back I think I made good choices in food while still enjoying much of the local cuisine.

Just tickled that I didn't gain back any weight on the vacation.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    High five! Get back to work now!
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    This is what I need to hear. By the time I go to Europe for vacation (in a couple months) I will have lost about 35-40 pounds. I'm really worried about keeping it off.

Did you cook a lot for yourself?
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    That is really exciting news. Congratulations!
  • ecmorgan101
    ecmorgan101 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Did you cook a lot for yourself?

Not really. I did usually cover my breakfast - generally just some fruit purchased from a local grocery store in the area. Otherwise, I tried to be fairly judicious about what I ate without going too nuts over it. I do think the habit I've gotten into the last couple of months helped quite a bit.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Europe in 6 weeks ,I'll be traveling around for nearly 4 weeks.Each accommodation I booked have a basic kitchen.I'll bring dry ingredients with me and buy fresh foods locally.I prefer to prepare my own simple meals.I will have to select meals that fit my diet requirements when I have to eat out.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Proof that you can do this! Nice!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,514 Member
    Options
    @Malimalai Don’t do what I did. I very carefully planned to make smoothies, bought a smaller “bullet” solely to travel with, grabbed a bunch a bananas by the train station before we checked in. Was gloating at my superior advance planning as I unpacked my bullet, only to realize I’d left the damn blade at home.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. I'm a foodie and always pack foods to and from my holidays .Both of us are trained cooks.My husband is in different line of work now. It's more convenient for us to stock some foods and prepare simple meals ourselves. I like to eat before going out sight seeing .We carry snacks with us when we travel too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!