Dad Bod Reclaiming Health

Options
Hi there! 41 years old with a 21 month old daughter... Loving being a dad and looking to take care of myself more so I can have the best chance at spending the most time with my baby! Already learning lots about how wonky my diet has been, but I'm already 2+ months without caffeine and am knocking out processed sugar. I like mutual community support. Also enjoy learning about new and healthy recipes... Send them my way!

Replies

• gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    RicketyLaf wrote: »
    Hi there! 41 years old with a 21 month old daughter... Loving being a dad and looking to take care of myself more so I can have the best chance at spending the most time with my baby! Already learning lots about how wonky my diet has been, but I'm already 2+ months without caffeine and am knocking out processed sugar. I like mutual community support. Also enjoy learning about new and healthy recipes... Send them my way!

Sugar has me by the... whatevers, but I am determine to drastically reduce my intake. All the best as you tackle the challenges ahead
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,071 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.... wishing you much success on your journey....feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • QueenOfTheSea_83
    QueenOfTheSea_83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Also trying to reduce sugar. I’m not a big snacker.... it’s mainly a wine thing lol
  • LJKN1GHT
    LJKN1GHT Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sugar I can cut out caffeine I cant give up
  • Enos1981
    Enos1981 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a 9 month old boy at home, and a full on dad bod formed over here! Been working back to shape for a few months now. This app/site is a great help.
  • workhardplay85
    workhardplay85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Being a dad is hard, but keeping the dad bod off might be even more challenging. It’s a constant battle for me. Keep it simple for starters, just maintaining a few hundred calorie deficit each day will create some very positive changes.
  • mszallar
    mszallar Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hear you man. I got a 2 year old and a 2 month old. The dad bod is alive and well on my end. Sugar has been a big battle on my end. Finding replacement beverages has been a battle! I noticed that eating almonds and cashews have helped cut cravings. Makes me feel full and they are lightly salted. I don't rely on the sugar to keep me moving now. Plus, I'm over the crash that sugar does.