First binge in months?:(

I just had about a 2000 calorie binge. I'd been so good for the last few months, and now this :( I have a history of anorexia and bulimia (that one actually resulted in weight gain for me), and I'm having a hard time dealing with this in a healthy way. I've been trying to lose probably about 20 pounds (not sure since I haven't weighed myself in 2years) and I've been eating really healthily and exercising. Now I feel like all my hard work has gone to waste. . . How do you deal with a setback like this?

Replies

• You pick yourself up, you don't feel sorry for yourself because you know deep down it was a set back and you can and will do better. You log your food, you log your exercise. You take pride in your new ways. You support your MFP friends who need you as much as you need them, and you get back on the wagon.
    We are here for you, be here for us!
    Good luck!
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    2000 calories isn't even a pound of fat.
    You pick yourself up and tomorrow is a new day.

Everyone backslides at some point. Consider this your "summer holiday" and move on.
  • heartworth9
    heartworth9 Posts: 51 Member
    Do some exercise. There are lots of reasons for a binge, often emotional in origin. So, do something physical. Drink water. Your will feel more grounded and peaceful afterward.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    I just had about a 2000 calorie binge. I'd been so good for the last few months, and now this :( I have a history of anorexia and bulimia (that one actually resulted in weight gain for me), and I'm having a hard time dealing with this in a healthy way. I've been trying to lose probably about 20 pounds (not sure since I haven't weighed myself in 2years) and I've been eating really healthily and exercising. Now I feel like all my hard work has gone to waste. . . How do you deal with a setback like this?

FORGIVE YOURSELF! I'm certain, that considering your past, you're probably terrified of repeating that behavior. Simply posting this means you've recognized that you screwed up, like we ALL do, regardless if we have a history of ED or not, and that you want to refocus on good health and good nutrition. Self forgiveness is hard, so you have to actively do it.

You are worth being forgiven. Celebrate your accomplishments, (like sticking with your plan for 2 months) and acknowledge that you will not be perfect in this quest. None of us are. The sooner you accept that you will have days when you mess up, the sooner you can move past it. It's so important you not dwell on the errors. You must celebrate the victories....always. Learn from the mistakes, but don't let them control your emotions.

You can really, truly do this. I'm pulling for you!!