Walking Shoes - Concrete?

Options
I have a summer job at an amusement park. I will be on my feet for 10-13 hours a shift (with breaks, but it's still a lot), on concrete and asphalt. Usually I'm walking around rather than standing, and I typically put in over 20k steps in a shift.

Any shoe recommendations? I realize that "affordable" differs from person to person, but I've already purchased some Mizunos for running and that really stretched my budget. I love them, but I need my walkers to be about half that price, in the $40-60 range if possible.

Replies

• festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hit up Amazon for the previous versions of current shoes. That'll be the easiest way. The Saucony Omni I'm wearing are $130 for the current version and $65 for the last.

Buy 2 pairs if you can and rotate them.
  • jaquieduck
    jaquieduck Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I wear La Sportiva trail shoes, and I got them for $50 at Sierra Trading Post. I buy most of my shoes there now. Amazon can be great, but I had issues with them sending me the wrong size, and got annoyed with the advertisements for $20 shoes that cost $220 in my size.
    REI garage also has reasonable options.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    You should try them on. My favorite shows could be torture for you if our feet are shadows different or have different sensitivities.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Merrill's athletic line. I've seen them for $64, and I do lots of walking on concrete, construction sites etc.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Any Dansko shoes, especially clog styles. They are the most comfortable (and durable) shoes I have ever worn in my life. They tend to be pricier than what you are looking for, but you can find sales and they do have less expensive models that fall in your range. They will last for many years.