Nutritional information

Hello! I need help with figuring out the nutritional information for chocolate birthday cake. Help? Thank you in advance.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Birthday cakes, like pizza, are one of those things that you'll just want to estimate the best you can, unless it is a major brand that has nutrition information listed and is generally consistent with how the item is made. Proportions of frosting and cake can significantly alter how many calories are in a piece. If you have a picture, that can help, but we're all still guessing.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Is there a brand or did someone make it?

I worked out the calories for the last chocolate cake that I made and it was @725 for a slice that was 1/16 of a three layer 9". Keep in mind that that size is about half or less of a normal sized slice.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    For the most accurate information, you'd need to know the ingredients in the cake how much much of each you ad. Without that information, I would simply try to find the best match in the database that I could.

Was it homemade? Bakery? Frozen? Was it frosted? How large was your piece? This is the information that will help you figure out what database entries will be the best match.