Denisemassier Posts: 1 Member
Any keto recipes on here?

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,893 Member
    There is plenty on pinterest.com :)
  • carpenterjuli
    carpenterjuli Posts: 1 Member
    I'm just starting keto and I'm a bit over whelmed.. errr.. 50 lbs I haft to loose. Thing is I don't eat.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Meat (including fish) + veg or eggs + veg. Cook in oil (olive, avocado, or coconut). Eat avocado, some cheese, and nuts and seeds. Full fat dairy fits in in moderate amounts (mainly cottage cheese, greek yogurt, sour cream, heavy cream). Salads with protein and some high fat dressing (vinaigrette, bleu cheese, ranch, so on).

I'm not the biggest fan of keto and don't think it's a good fit for all, but lots of tasty food options and no need for special recipes.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,893 Member
    I am keto...feel free to look at my diary ....I just started logging last Thursday because I had a health scare in Jan. and had to be cleared by the dr. before starting keto
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Youtube is a gold mine. Check out channels like Keto Connect and Headbanger's Kitchen. If you can think of it, there's a keto recipe for it.
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    I'm just starting keto and I'm a bit over whelmed.. errr.. 50 lbs I haft to loose. Thing is I don't eat.

I was when I started too. Check out Dr. Ken Berry's videos on youtube. He's a real practicing M.D. (not a chiropractor like some of the other youtube doctors giving nutritional advice) who lives in Tennessee, has done keto himself, and he has a whole series of videos talking about the keto lifestyle. If you have a question, he's got a video for it. He breaks things down in really simple, easy to understand terms and it's a big help when you're just starting out. I've been on keto for 4 months and I'm loving it! Just take it slow and learn as you go. Keep it simple at first...then try all of those great recipes you'll find.